Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Have you honestly seen anything less funny?

He's number one.

The whole routine was ****ing horrific...

And then he went and played a sample of Alien Ant Farms abysmal cover of Smooth Criminal...:mad::mad::mad:

God, if we could execute bad comedians, I'd sharpen the guillotine blade myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,082 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Any comedian who's act is "Do you remember things from the past?" is a talentless hack.

I agree but I'd add "and sells out the 3 arena"

I agree but I'd add "and sells out the 3 arena"

It gets worse...taken from his instagram....

He actually manages to ruin the joke...how in God's name do you manage to ruin a joke told on the playground...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmKJlakDkQn/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=cymskt4hyu0q

Dave manages it... and I'm speechless.:eek:

(His instagram features a photo of him with fellow joke stealer/ dated artifact Brendan Grace).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,484 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He actually manages to ruin the joke...how in God's name do you manage to ruin a joke told on the playground...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmKJlakDkQn/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=cymskt4hyu0q

(His instagram features a photo of him with fellow joke stealer/ dated artifact Brendan Grace).

Leave Brendan Grace out of this. He was funny before you were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭George White

Grace is someone who is underrated as an actor. He'd make a fantastic heavy in a serious part. Father Ted proved that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He had 5 lines in Fr. Ted, I don't it proved anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

oWArFHP2HN7W.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭George White

You don't have to have lines to steal scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well he's done absolutely nothing since, so what does that tell you?

Saw him in another film, MoonDance, with Ruairdhri Conroy.

He was actually pretty good in it, with more lines, more background etc.

Unfortunately, Brendan's had a stroke that has affected him quite a bit-his speech is more strained, for one. So he wouldn't be able to play the same roles he has before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jaysus that bald fella is like the definition of a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I find Dylan Moran awful. His observations are stuck in the early 90's. And his accent is pretty annoying as well.

I find Dylan Moran awful. His observations are stuck in the early 90's. And his accent is pretty annoying as well.

If a comedian can even make me chuckle, I won't put em down as unfunny. And Dylan Moran has made me laugh on more than one occassion.
    He's a darn sight better than many others on the list.

Doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Dave Young aka 'Comedy Dave'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Went to see Tommy Tiernan in the INEC last night, wow has he changed.

He couldn't remember half his own stories and kept getting mixed up or wondering out loud what he had been talking about when he finished rambling off topic. Such a pity to see a once great comedian put in a performance like he did last night.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Leo Varadkar

KevinCavan wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar

KevinCavan

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

He's miles better than the others mentioned.

Ah ya I have seen decent videos of JimEoin on YouTube. He has had good material over the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Went to see Tommy Tiernan in the INEC last night, wow has he changed.

He couldn't remember half his own stories and kept getting mixed up or wondering out loud what he had been talking about when he finished rambling off topic. Such a pity to see a once great comedian put in a performance like he did last night.

Maybe he’s back on the hooch. I saw him once in this dump hotel in Bray about 4 years ago, I’d say he was struggling for gigs even back then. Small venue and it was absolutely shįte. He got the hump towards the end because most people had just started talking a drinking. He took it out on a few at the front that basically responded by telling him to f*ck off and he was a load of shįte. Fairly awkward stuff, shouting a roaring like a madman in a small room doesn’t work well.

Carrie Crowley lol

What's this about Brian Ormond?

As for Claire Byrne, isn't her talent in riding her way to the top?

Tell us more about Byrne...

sightband wrote: »
    Maybe he’s back on the hooch. I saw him once in this dump hotel in Bray about 4 years ago, I’d say he was struggling for gigs even back then. Small venue and it was absolutely shįte. He got the hump towards the end because most people had just started talking a drinking. He took it out on a few at the front that basically responded by telling him to f*ck off and he was a load of shįte. Fairly awkward stuff, shouting a roaring like a madman in a small room doesn’t work well.

Yeah, he seemed to be drunk when he started and drunker after the break.

And he did go overboard trying to be funny with people up the front too making remarks that had no class or comedy value.

He mentioned that he was off the drink for ten years and back on it since 2013 as if trying to make an excuse for not being funny anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

When he auditioned for the role, he decided to deliver those lines with a low-key, sinister edge that neither the writers nor the director had intended. Based it on a Christian brother who taught him in school, apparently.

He has a likeable stage presence. His stand-up is what it is, and it's very popular with older people, but he was the second best thing about that episode of Father Ted.

S02E09-KU0nkC9D.jpg

"I really shouldn't be here"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

sightband wrote: »

He was never funny tbh. He just shouts

I'd disagree there Mickey, I've seen him live a few times over the years and he was brilliant, he had fabulous material and his delivery was perfect. He could handle the hecklers too.

Last night was a bit of a cringefest for parts of the act.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

His first couple of DVD's, the first one which was called Tommy Tiernan Live and Cracked were very funny. He seemed to go downhill very quickly TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I repressed memories of this guy for years and was reminded of him again when I saw something online.

So it appears from the poll that AH's favourite comedians from the above list are Pat Shortt and Dara O'Briain.

I move that this Forum be renamed Yer Da's Men's Shed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

So it appears from the poll that AH's favourite comedians from the above list are Pat Shortt and Dara O'Briain.

I move that this Forum be renamed Yer Da's Men's Shed

Is it not a case of them both being the “least worst”...they are both quite unfunny also. Dara O Briain gets a special mention and achievement for being exceptionally unfunny, arrogant and annoying on Twitter.

TomasMacR wrote: »
    Is it not a case of them both being the “least worst”...they are both quite unfunny also. Dara O Briain gets a special mention and achievement for being exceptionally unfunny, arrogant and annoying on Twitter.
    Either way, whether you want to say 'favourite from the list' or 'least disliked', it is very interesting that the users of this forum dislike so many younger comedians, but appear to find Pat Shortt quite agreeable.

This may be AH at its most pitch-and-putt playing, Guinness drinking, bald, impotent and predictable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

Either way, whether you want to say 'favourite from the list' or 'least disliked', it is very interesting that the users of this forum dislike so many younger comedians, but appear to find Pat Shortt quite agreeable.

This may be AH at its most pitch-and-putt playing, Guinness drinking, bald, impotent and predictable.

I don’t really agree, you’ve only one vote to say who you think is the worst...it’s not in any way an indicator of how well liked those two are, i could put myself in the list and I would probably get the least amount of votes ahead of short and o briain, it’s meaningless.

I can’t stand Dara O Briain but I’d rather give him an all over body wax using my tongue to spread the hot wax on his body than have to listen to Alison Spittle for 30 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TomasMacR wrote: »

But at least he goes to painful lengths to constantly remind you that he is somewhat clever.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement