Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying and doing the Amateur Radio Test

Options
  • 24-11-2016 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have missed this years allocation for doing the test but I am as yet not ready.

A few questions that the more experienced operators maybe able to answer for me :

1.) I believe there is a CD with material for the test,can this be ordered online or where can it be got ?

2.) Paying for the test, again can this be paid for online as all I can see is sending money via post to an address provided via IRTS.

3.) Any pointers, I have worked in the Radio Telecoms industry very briefly (Tetra and to a lesser degree Analogue VHF/UHF) I didnt get much training but have a basic idea, I operate on 11 Meters and have the fundamentals of radio but reading material etc would be much appreciated.

4.) I do have a local club EI7DAR but I do unsocialble hours work wise durning the week so can't attend the meetings on weekdays.

Any help pointers or advice would be much appreciated as I want to broaden my horzions beyond 11 Meters as it is very restrictive and currently I am just SWL on the other bands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭thelordgod

Hi Guys,

I have missed this years allocation for doing the test but I am as yet not ready.

A few questions that the more experienced operators maybe able to answer for me :

1.) I believe there is a CD with material for the test,can this be ordered online or where can it be got ?

2.) Paying for the test, again can this be paid for online as all I can see is sending money via post to an address provided via IRTS.

3.) Any pointers, I have worked in the Radio Telecoms industry very briefly (Tetra and to a lesser degree Analogue VHF/UHF) I didnt get much training but have a basic idea, I operate on 11 Meters and have the fundamentals of radio but reading material etc would be much appreciated.

4.) I do have a local club EI7DAR but I do unsocialble hours work wise durning the week so can't attend the meetings on weekdays.

Any help pointers or advice would be much appreciated as I want to broaden my horzions beyond 11 Meters as it is very restrictive and currently I am just SWL on the other bands.

There is no CD that I know of but the study guide is available to download from the irts website free of charge.

Yes you can pay online with PayPal for the exam but you still must post in the application form with the payment reference number on it.

Everything you need to pass the exam is on the irts website together with listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Many thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

your local club will have the cd that your looking for just make contact through their website and they will post it to you

Advertisement