Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Motor Insurance for 18 y/o Daughter

Options
  • 24-11-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

A lot has changed in the last 34 years, since my mother added me to her insurance policy on my 17th birthday so I could apply for my driving test. No lessons, no supervision, no cost that I can remember, just a provisional license.

Looking for suggestions, based on real life experience, as to cost of insurance, time frames to independence, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On a provisional licence I would take a guess of €2k plus additional as a named driver, possibly more. It may be easier to insure a 1 litre car less than 10 years old than a cheaper one over 10 years, some insurers won't touch cars over 10 years. It won't be cheap either way, best advice is I can give is spend money instead on lots of lessons and attempts at the test to pass it.

Advertisement