Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone playing games with my account cancellation

Options
  • 24-11-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭

For reference: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057673955

Long story short: I called Vodafone to tell them I was switching to a new provider and to cancel my account effective the end of the billing period. I switched because I was allowed to get out of the contract early due to Vodafone's contract changes, and I made the call well within that time. The switch happened and the new provider assured me they contacted Vodafone to port the service.

Yesterday, I got a bill from Vodafone and called to ask them why. Suddenly they have no record of my call or my new provider's contact. I would believe them if it was just one or the other, but to claim they never received either one? Sorry, but no. They have a well-known track record of playing games with cancellations, and I was an idiot to trust them to handle this correctly.

What are my options if I refuse to pay the fraudulently sent bill and the fraudulently applied early termination fee?

Edit: I am absolutely on the new provider's modem and using the new provider's broadband, so it is impossible that Vodafone were not contacted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

How is the bill paid? If they will take it from direct debit you can cancel it beforehand as Fred mentioned or if they've taken it you can do a SEPA refund through bank no questions asked.

I would ignore them but knowing Vodafone might send to debt collection.

When you call to sort it, explain the situation calmly, say if it's not dealt with you will be making a data access request under the data protection acts for any and all communications (internal and external), notes and so forth then making a formal complaint to comreg - that should get them acting a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Hey, when you called them what line did you do it from? Like can you not confirm via your mobile bill, or your landline bill that the call was placed on a particular date? Surely if you have proof of a call to them that doesn't match up to their records then they'll know they were at fault?

Advertisement