Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pros/Cons of Jailbreaking Apple Tv

Options
  • 24-11-2016 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

As I was about to lounge and enjoy my dinner, I received a bill from Vodafone. I guess the six month special is over because my bill is 122 euro and some odd cents for home phone/international calls, internet, less than one hundred channels, and BT Sports. I only really watch BT Sports and UFC main cards are no longer available outside of BT Sports in Ireland.

I am looking into options for cheaper UFC and overall sports viewing, with a crisper image than a usual live stream.

Is jailbreak the answer? Are there pros and xons to jailbreaking or only pros?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

frolic wrote: »
    As I was about to lounge and enjoy my dinner, I received a bill from Vodafone. I guess the six month special is over because my bill is 122 euro and some odd cents for home phone/international calls, internet, less than one hundred channels, and BT Sports. I only really watch BT Sports and UFC main cards are no longer available outside of BT Sports in Ireland.

I am looking into options for cheaper UFC and overall sports viewing, with a crisper image than a usual live stream.

Is jailbreak the answer? Are there pros and cons to jailbreaking or only pros?

There is a stickie thread at the begining thats talks about JB. However Chat about sourcing alternative viewing options is not discussed. MOD will most likely close your thread

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 frolic

There is a stickie thread at the begining thats talks about JB. However Chat about sourcing alternative viewing options is not discussed. MOD will most likely close your thread

Let's hope the mod is a cool cat and will let me seek an answer to alternative sourcing and it's pros/cons on here. I read through that sticky. My answer, not found

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume this is an ATV2, yeah? Afaik jailbreaking the new ATV isn't necessary as you can just side load things like Kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Kodi isn't supported for ATV anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 frolic

Yes, I have the second Apple TV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement