Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Not using chip and pin in branch

Options
  • 24-11-2016 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I was in BOI this week and it turns out they don't have the capacity to read chip and pin in branches - I was told it was "technical shortcoming"

I find this crazy, I would have thought a bank would be implementing the strictest security policies.

Is Chip & Pin a recommendation and not a standard that banks have to implement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to the Talk to.. Bank of Ireland forum, where BOI staff and fellow customers will have more insight for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

I was in BOI this week and it turns out they don't have the capacity to read chip and pin in branches - I was told it was  "technical shortcoming"

I find this crazy, I would have thought a bank would be implementing the strictest security policies.

Is Chip & Pin a recommendation and not a standard that banks have to implement?
    Hi Irishuser11,

Thank for you post here today.

We’ve forwarded your comments onto the Branch Network Team.

If we can help with anything else here please let us know.

Thanks,
    Tara C

Advertisement