Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So i ordered Eir broadband online.

Options
  • 24-11-2016 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Well i thought  i did.

I am on Vodafone and ordered eir broadband online so i can keep BT sports as my yearly sub is up this month.
    Its been 3 weeks now and i have heard nothing.
    i have received the modem in the post  and account number by email.
    I talked to a  person using the online chat function on the eir website a couple of days ago and they said someone would call me to arrange an engineer to visit, i am yet to receive a call.
    Also it said that broadband would be a 12 month contract but yet the confirmation email i received says its 18months.

Im having second thoughts now about switching as i am not in the habit of begging companies to take my custom.
    I've PMed a rep here my account number, can someone look at this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

XsApollo wrote: »
    Well i thought  i did.

I am on Vodafone and ordered eir broadband online so i can keep BT sports as my yearly sub is up this month.
    Its been 3 weeks now and i have heard nothing.
    i have received the modem in the post  and account number by email.
    I talked to a  person using the online chat function on the eir website a couple of days ago and they said someone would call me to arrange an engineer to visit, i am yet to receive a call.
    Also it said that broadband would be a 12 month contract but yet the confirmation email i received says its 18months.

Im having second thoughts now about switching as i am not in the habit of begging companies to take my custom.
    I've PMed a rep here my account number, can someone look at this?

Thanks.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]XsApollo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. I have checked my PM’s & I don’t seem to have received this. Can you PM me & I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I sent pm there Pamela.
    Thanks

I sent pm there Pamela.
    Thanks
    Thanks XsApollo,

-Pamela 

I actually forgot about this , but the growing stack of routers in the corner of my hall reminded me.
    I now have 2 new eir routers but internet hasn't changed yet.
    Also 2 account numbers as I got a new after my last call the other week.

I'll PM my new account number.
    Thank you.

I actually forgot about this , but the growing stack of routers in the corner of my hall reminded me.
    I now have 2 new eir routers  but internet hasn't changed yet.
    Also 2 account numbers as I got a new after my last call the other week.

I'll PM my new account number.
    Thank you.
    No problem XsApollo,

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Ok this is ridiculous ,
    5 or 6 weeks now waiting for this.

Can You just cancel my order please.
    Thank you.

Ok so I have no broadband now so I presume ye are up to something and my Vodafone broadband is gone.
    So you can ignore my last request other wise I will end up with nothing.

Ok so I have no broadband now so I presume ye are up to something and my Vodafone broadband is gone.
    So you can ignore my last request other wise I will end up with nothing.
    No problem XsApollo,

-Pamela 

No problem XsApollo,

-Pamela 

I am still without internet ,
    Rang eir last week they said the 20th ,
    Just on the phone there , they said it's still pending and they will make a case,
    Vodafone have said I'm still with them and they don't know why my internet isn't working , they are sending me out a new router.
    So I will now have 4 routers and no internet.
    How do I get my internet back?
    I don't care if it's with Vodafone or eir.
    Whoever fixes it first is who I am staying with either way.

Vodafone router just came in the post ,
    Plugged it in still no internet

• Advertisement

Vodafone router just came in the post ,
    Plugged it in still no internet
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]XsApollo [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& your broadband is not active on our side I'm afraid. You would need to speak with your new provider in relation to this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Yea I have, if it's not active with eir it's fine.
    But what my order to switch to eir?
    Any update or reasoning of why it's taking so long to switch?

Yea I have, if it's not active with eir it's fine.
    But what my order to switch to eir?
    Any update or reasoning of why it's taking so long to switch?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you check the service now [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]XsApollo?[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]It should be active with eir.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Yea I got the text,
    It still wasn't working even tho it was active, but got it sorted over the phone.

Thanks.

Yea I got the text,
    It still wasn't working even tho it was active, but got it sorted over the phone.

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem XsApollo, please do let me know if you need any further assistance. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Back again.
    Chatting there with Eirs online chat, who decided to do a runner when he couldn't answer me.
    "oh i will go check that for you now Darren, hold the line for a minute"..........Chat box gone, Unavailable for chat.

Ok the problem is my bill
    Firstly i ordered broadband for 50 euro a month online yes?
    Now on my bill i see i have eir talk unlimited and broadband with a 20 euro discount for 6 months.

I now have an outstanding balance on my bills for 122euro because the direct debit i setup on my first order didn't go with the next order that had to be put in to get somebody to do something about my broadband.

The first bill is 52.22euro which is for Dec 19th to Jan 18th .........i ordered broadband for 50euro a month not 52.22.
    My broadband was switched on on the 22nd by the way not the 19th.
    I have part period charges also of 18.33euro for december to january
    My next months bill is for 70.32 which include the part period charge, which would work out at 52 euro....so still not 50euro.

Can you explain please why i have have a part period charge and also a full charge for the same billing period in Dec to Jan.
    Also initially i first ordered broadband only for 50 euro a month on a 12 month contract and that is what i want.

So can you please check this for me and sort it out.

Im not paying anything till this gets sorted and i will be using email from now on if i don't get a satisfactory solution from here and copying Comreg as every communication i have had since i ordered this has been misleading with prices, bundles, contract length even the operator on the phone said my bill would be 45euro a month when we went through the order a second time and told me to ignore the price and contract length on an email i would recieve which i presume ye have recorded.

I have PMed a rep my info again.
    thanks

Back again.
    Chatting there with Eirs online chat, who decided to do a runner when he couldn't answer me.
    "oh i will go check that for you now Darren, hold the line for a minute"..........Chat box gone, Unavailable for chat.

Ok the problem is my bill
    Firstly i ordered broadband for 50 euro a month online yes?
    Now on my bill i see i have eir talk unlimited and broadband with a 20 euro discount for 6 months.

I now have an outstanding balance on my bills for 122euro because the direct debit i setup on my first order didn't go with the next order that had to be put in to get somebody to do something about my broadband.

The first bill is 52.22euro which is for Dec 19th to Jan 18th .........i ordered broadband for 50euro a month not 52.22.
    My broadband was switched on on the 22nd by the way not the 19th.
    I have part period charges also of 18.33euro for december to january
    My next months bill is for 70.32 which include the part period charge, which would work out at 52 euro....so still not 50euro.

Can you explain please why i have have a part period charge and also a full charge for the same billing period in Dec to Jan.
    Also initially i first ordered broadband only for 50 euro a month on a 12 month contract and that is what i want.

So can you please check this for me and sort it out.

Im not paying anything till this gets sorted and i will be using email from now on if i don't get a satisfactory solution from here and copying Comreg as every communication i have had since i ordered this has been misleading with prices, bundles, contract length even the operator on the phone said my bill would be 45euro a month when we went through the order a second time and told me to ignore the price and contract length on an email i would recieve which i presume ye have recorded.

I have PMed a rep my info again.
    thanks
    Hi  XsApollo,

I'm received your PM & will be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela ,
    I just got off the phone here and got it sorted.
    Thanks

Hi Pamela ,
    I just got off the phone here and got it sorted.
    Thanks
    No problem  XsApollo, thanks for letting me know.

-Pamela 

Advertisement