Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a hyaluronic acid/rosehip oil...

Options
  • 24-11-2016 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

My Trilogy rosehip oil is about to run out so I'm looking for a decent, affordable replacement.

I'm also looking to try hyaluronic acid as my skin has become very dry due to the change in the weather.

Any recommendations please? :)

Happy to buy online or instore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

I'm currently considering trilogy rosehip oil - hoping for a good Black Friday deal!! I was going through posts here recently on skincare and another poster mentioned green keratin rosehip oil and insta natural vitamin c serum. Can't find it now I'm afraid but another poster may be able to help!!

Edit: found post - search for thread on 'Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair' on the original post is there if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Thanks. I found that post but the hyaluronic/vitamin c serum mentioned is £44 on amazon.co.uk :eek:

Looking for something a little more affordable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm not at home to check the brand but I ordered rosehip oil in a handy pump bottle on iherb for $10 and it's been great so far!

Valentina wrote: »
    Thanks. I found that post but the hyaluronic/vitamin c serum mentioned is £44 on amazon.co.uk :eek:

Looking for something a little more affordable :)

I think it was me that recommended those, and the Green Keratin rosehip (it's organic too, like the Trilogy) was £20-ish for 100 ml - as opposed to roughly the same price for 25 ml of the Trilogy - the last time I bought it. I'm just coming to the end of the 100 ml size after nearly a year, so it's well worth it.

The vit c and hyla serum is about £15 so combined the price is about 44 euro, but you get a lot for your money.

I think GK do a 30 ml size too.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Try The Ordinary range from Deciem - they have a rosehip oil & a hyaluronic acid - the hyaluronic acid is great, and really cheap
    http://ordinaries.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Candie wrote: »
    I think it was me that recommended those, and the Green Keratin rosehip (it's organic too, like the Trilogy) was £20-ish for 100 ml - as opposed to roughly the same price for 25 ml of the Trilogy - the last time I bought it. I'm just coming to the end of the 100 ml size after nearly a year, so it's well worth it.

The vit c and hyla serum is about £15 so combined the price is about 44 euro, but you get a lot for your money.

I think GK do a 30 ml size too.

Ah okay. I thought just one oil was £44 :o

I have vouchers for Amazon so I think I will have a browse there. All the brands are a little overwhelming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I get mine off them - here is the link where to buy? I buy most of my oils from this source but there are so many others you can browse through. As for hyaluronic acid I can't help you because it is already one of the ingredients in Monsia Skincare been using it since 2014 and love it[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Vichy Aqualia thermal dynamic hydration serum is a hyaluronic acid serum, its amazing im on my 3rd bottle of it, it plumps up lines and wrinkles, gets rid of dryness, leaves my skin looking really healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Vichy Aqualia thermal dynamic hydration serum is a hyaluronic acid serum, its amazing im on my 3rd bottle of it, it plumps up lines and wrinkles, gets rid of dryness, leaves my skin looking really healthy.

I've been using this for 18 months, I love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

GingerLily wrote: »

I've been using this for 18 months,  I love it!!
    Do you have to continue using it ad infanitim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

LinF wrote: »

I think with serums they work better at treating your skin if you keep using them regularly but I only use the serum when I really need to or if im wearing particularly heavy makeup like double wear and I dont want my skin to get really dry. I dont use it every day but I do use it a few times a week. Results are instant for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

LinF wrote: »

I do use it continuously, it lasts long enough and is very light and hydrating. I've not even bothered trying other serums and use basic moisturisers (F.A.B. repair cream or oilatum natural repair cream) because I'm so happy with what the serum does!!

Advertisement