Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a beginners level camera.

• 24-11-2016 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hello
    I am looking to purchase a camera and take up amateur photography. I don't know which camera would suit a beginner like myself so I has hoping to get some advice on the most suitable camera I could purchase. I will mostly likely be photographing outdoors as I'm not interested in photographing people at this stage. I was browsing some sites and I found this camera I don't know if it is any good or not for a beginner?
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/canon-powershot-sx530-hs-bridge-camera/331748/398.0.5

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Hello
    I am looking to purchase a camera and take up amateur photography. I don't know which camera would suit a beginner like myself so I has hoping to get some advice on the most suitable camera I could purchase. I will mostly likely be photographing outdoors as I'm not interested in photographing people at this stage. I was browsing some sites and I found this camera I don't know if it is any good or not for a beginner?
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/canon-powershot-sx530-hs-bridge-camera/331748/398.0.5

Thanks

That is a bridge camera, you could look at getting a dslr and a wide angle lens. There are plenty of options out there but it depends on if you want to be able to change lenses and budget that you would like to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hey OP I'd recommend getting a second hand dslr something like a 450D is an ideal to learn the basics on and within your budget.

It will open up the world of dslr to you and lens types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

glic83 wrote: »
    That is a bridge camera, you could look at getting a dslr and a wide angle lens. There are plenty of options out there but it depends on if you want to be able to change lenses and budget that you would like to spend.

Thank you for the reply. Could you tell me what the difference between a bridge camera and a dslr is? I could stretch my budget to around €300 i'm sure about wanting the ability to change lenses at the moment. I presume I would only be able to take decent photos during daylight hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

listermint wrote: »
    Hey OP I'd recommend getting a second hand dslr something like a 450D is an ideal to learn the basics on and within your budget.

It will open up the world of dslr to you and lens types.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I had a quick look online and there are second hand ones going for between €200-€300. Is there anything in particular I should look out for when I'm buying one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Thank you for the reply. Could you tell me what the difference between a bridge camera and a dslr is? I could stretch my budget to around €300 i'm sure about wanting the ability to change lenses at the moment. I presume I would only be able to take decent photos during daylight hours?

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/reviews?review_category=compact-cameras&review_manufacturer=&review_type=&min_price=&max_price=200&s=

This is a link from another thread that will have all the information you require.

• Advertisement
Advertisement