Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would I find the plans for this road upgrade work?

• 24-11-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

There is some serious work going on at the Chapelizod by pass and Kylemore Road merge.

I'd love to see the overall picture of the proposals, and an idea of what the finished product will look like!

I've checked DCC website but there isn't much there really, just what they are proposing to do. The works are on the borders of DCC and SDCC, but nothing in SDCC either AFAIS.

Maybe someone here might have more information/sources to hand?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Hi,

There is some serious work going on at the Chapelizod by pass and Kylemore Road merge.

I'd love to see the overall picture of the proposals, and an idea of what the finished product will look like!

I've checked DCC website but there isn't much there really, just what they are proposing to do. The works are on the borders of DCC and SDCC, but nothing in SDCC either AFAIS.

Maybe someone here might have more information/sources to hand?

Thanks!

They are just widening the bus lane.

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-roads-and-traffic-projects/r148-chapelizod-bypass-bus-lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I really don't understand what they're doing with this work. I thought they had figured out some way to separate merging cars from buses, because that's what causes the delays, but instead they seem to be building a marginal increase in bus lane size and a great big path (or cycle lane?) on the outbound side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

hmmm wrote: »
    I really don't understand what they're doing with this work. I thought they had figured out some way to separate merging cars from buses, because that's what causes the delays, but instead they seem to be building a marginal increase in bus lane size and a great big path (or cycle lane?) on the outbound side.

On the merge from Kylemore to r148 they have put in an extra lane. One for cars and one for buses. That should solve the delays for buses.

But there seems to be traffic lights at the top of the hill for cars only??

I don't suppose anyone could wake up the council and tell them to finish this. No work has been done since the start of the year, and the buslane has been blocked as a consequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

On the merge from Kylemore to r148 they have put in an extra lane. One for cars and one for buses. That should solve the delays for buses.

But there seems to be traffic lights at the top of the hill for cars only??

Also think the buses will have preference on the lights. So will go green for them always. Enables people on the buses to get home quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Lights were tested last night, and there is a sensor which triggers the lights to stop the merging traffic when a vehicle is waiting in the bus lane.

It is coming along VERY slowly, as someone else mentioned. I don't know what the delay is. There are traffic cones slowing things down on the by-pass too, for whatever reason I dunno.

Also, there seems to be a new pedestrian path going from Palmerstown near the garage down to Kylemore Road. It is still at the foundation stage. It looks like it stops dead though, before the garage. Maybe there is a boundary issue or something.

Very slow. LUAS is a quicker build at this stage!

Anyway, thanks for the info so far.

It is coming along VERY slowly, as someone else mentioned. I don't know what the delay is.
    For work that is supposedly being done to improve the bus service, it is beyond belief that 3 months after this work started the bus lane is still blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

For work that is supposedly being done to improve the bus service, it is beyond belief that 3 months after this work started the bus lane is still blocked.

Email the council and counsellors for that area

I get the feeling that the works straddle both DCC and SDCC boundaries and therein may lie the issue, finance and planning wise maybe.

I could be totally wrong about that too of course, but it seems an inordinately long time to get this finished. And if it is the case that two councils are involved here, surely all issues would have been agreed prior to commencement of the works.

But hey, this is Ireland right!

• Advertisement

Good news, the bus lane is open. Bad news, our bus had to stop & was held there at a red light as cars went flying past alongside.

Advertisement