Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q hub - anybody bought one from ebay etc?

Options
  • 24-11-2016 10:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I don't know if the Sky lads can help me as I bought my Sky Q Hub off ebay. I've asked but they seem to want me to be in.
    Anyway it just won't pick up any internet, but it broadcasts a WiFi network just fine. I tried leaving it plugged in overnight but it still gives the "Connected, No Internet" on my laptop when I connect to it.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From the UK?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

ED E wrote: »
    From the UK?
    Yes, didn't see any on sale here. I thought all tech stuff was the same standards between the two countries... maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PPPoA there, PPPoE here.

Sky lock them down so I don't think it'll be anything more than a paperweight to you.

ED E wrote: »
    PPPoA there, PPPoE here.

Sky lock them down so I don't think it'll be anything more than a paperweight to you.
    Thanks. I'll be putting it straight back on ebay then and losing a few quid in the process...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd imagine it'll be useless to you unless you actually have Sky as your internet provider?

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be useless to you unless you actually have Sky as your internet provider?
    I do have Sky. I just want to upgrade the hub without buying into the Q service. Is PPPoE v PPPoA a hardware thing or would a firmware upgrade possibly allow connection to Sky Ireland?

Advertisement