Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Change - Compensation Question

Options
  • 24-11-2016 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, I've been told my contract is going to change in the coming weeks/months.

Changes are very cosmetic (mostly), the big thing for me is i'll be "required" to do 39 hours p/w current contract is 37.5), in practice I do more than the 39. Just wondering what is the approach here, is it acceptable to be asking for a bit of a bump in salary given i'll be "officially" be working an extra couple of weeks per year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Yes, I would certainly find it reasonable to ask if this now means you will be getting a rise to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You should look for some compensation. If they won't give cash, maybe look for some extra days leave or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

You dont need to accept a change in your contract. Especially if the number of hours to work is increasing.

However they dont need to keep you on if you dont accept the change. but I would absolutely be looking for at least a 4% increase (as work hours are increasing by 4%).....but probably more

Advertisement