Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help picking car model brand

Options
  • 24-11-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    pretty impressive models pics. Im looking for some help. I want to get my boyfriend a car model for Christmas.

However im baffled by the amount of different brands etc out there.
    I want to get a model that he can make himself and collect himself.

I hope I make sense.
    Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Are you talking an radio controlled model, or somthing to put on the shelf?
    If its the shelf, get one made by Tamiya in the 1/24 scale sports car series (hard to go wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

Hi The Doktor

thank you for that, I had a look at that, but its more of something that he can make himself. I know that you can get very into this hobby and be buying tiny modifications and parts etc for your models.
    But some of these are mad money and this would be his first time making these.
    Not sure if I can send links to show you what I have been looking at or not.

Sorry for slow reply, getting harder to get into here with work etc.

thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

If he's not a seasoned modeler, why not get him a model of his own car, or some sports car that you know he'd love, that's within budget?

Don't forget cement, paint, brushes, etc. Some kits include some basics.

Advertisement