Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a Nest without installation?

Options
  • 24-11-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I've arranged my own heating control upgrade and would prefer if my electrician/ plumber could do the install. If I switch can I avail of the Nest offer without installation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Hector Mildew,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We have sent the relevant department a request for clarification on your query, and as soon as we have a response we will update you.

In the meantime, do let us know if you have any further queries.

Best regards,
    Una

Hi again,

Thanks for your patience while this was being looked into.

We can advise that Electric Ireland must also arrange for the installation of any Nest purchased through Electric Ireland.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, we would recommend contacting the Electric Ireland Home Services team on 1850 372 333. They are available to telephone from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (or email homeservices@electricireland.ie, allowing a few working days for response). They would be in the best position to answer any Nest related queries you may have.

Should you have any other queries we can assist you with here on Social Media, do please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una and Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Hi again,

Thanks for your patience while this was being looked into.

We can advise that Electric Ireland must also arrange for the installation of any Nest purchased through Electric Ireland.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, we would recommend contacting the Electric Ireland Home Services team on 1850 372 333. They are available to telephone from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (or email homeservices@electricireland.ie, allowing a few working days for response). They would be in the best position to answer any Nest related queries you may have.

Should you have any other queries we can assist you with here on Social Media, do please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una and Brige
    Thanks for checking that for me.

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Hector,

You're very welcome.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Nest is 99 quid 

does that include installation or do you pay the guy/gal that comes out to fit a fee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi 0ph0rce0,

Our Nest offers for new and existing customers will include the price of installation. You can read more about the other requirements here.

New customers can get the Nest installed for €99 and can also avail of our savings (up to 5.5% for gas or electricity only or 8.5% for both fuels) for direct debit and Electric Ireland Online Billing. You can call 1850 305 090 or sign up online.

The Nest offer is €199 for existing customers, however they are entitled to same savings of 5.5% for electricity only or 8.5% for gas only.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JulesCullen

Hi Aoife,
    Looking to get apply for the Nest offer - is it the 3rd generation Nest appliance (I also want it to heat the water).
    If its not, would you be looking to get it in the near future?  Thanks, Jules

Hi Jules,

Yes, the Nest smart thermostat on offer from Electric Ireland is indeed the 3rd Generation one.

If you have any further queries, please let us know. If you would like to contact the Home Services team directly, they are available on 1850 372 333 until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement