Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mk2 Audi TT

• 25-11-2016 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi

I'm interested in Mk2 TT 08 on probably petrol but diesel maybe but dosent sit right with my idea of the TT,

So any obvious problems gremlins or issues with the cars or motors, also any particular nice spec to look for S Line for example,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

There wasa thread in the buying section a few weeks back,i posted a little info based on my knowledge of similar cars.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057668870

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Owned a 2010 1.8 TFSI for 2 years. Great on fuel, 40 odd mpg average no word of a lie, however I had problems with 2 injectors going and countless coil packs. Lovely car to drive and the 1.8 was surprisingly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Carguys

Owned a 2010 1.8 TFSI for 2 years. Great on fuel, 40 odd mpg average no word of a lie, however I had problems with 2 injectors going and countless coil packs. Lovely car to drive and the 1.8 was surprisingly quick.

Can you give me pm of regular just in case I stumble across it, from what I've read they seem to be a decent car reliability wise and as I do smallish miles the petrol is more appealing due to modern diesel issues

Pm'd.

No Offence to the 1.8T but if you are going petrol then the 2.0 TFSI is the one to go for.

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    No Offence to the 1.8T but if you are going petrol then the 2.0 TFSI is the one to go for.

Agree the 2.0 is good, i have it in two other cars. Went with the 1.8TFSI for the TT due to mpg, €390 annual tax and it was a uk S-Line model fully loaded with options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

44 mpg. Remember averaging 5.7 L / 49 mpg on a run from Drogheda to Letterkenny before.

0-100 kph was 7.1 seconds. Not unreal but I felt it was the best of both worlds.

cNLN6Xg.png

Patww79 wrote: »

It's a TT, with a 200Bhp petrol engine. I hear reports of guys with GTI's (same engine set up) getting 30's from their cars so it's not V8 economy.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

You did too i remember secretly wanting you to sell it long before you did. We have different ideas of what 'thirsty' is so lol I've an 08 S3 now - that gets around 25 mpg and it's probably borderline thirsty for me.

Economy would be lovely but I do maybe 10,000km at very big push per year, if the 2.0 TFI was a better drive I'd live with few mpg less, I'll be keeping the car for 5yrs anyway I don't change too often so I like to get the best motor option/spec for budget of Around €10k

Mpg is not everything I sold my E46 325 M Sport two weeks ago and have been driving herselfs 02 micra and my God it feels like 2 years not weeks although I don't spend as long in petrol stations and my wallet is a little bit heavier :)

Bought an S2000 myself after the TT and now I've shares in Shell.

Bought an S2000 myself after the TT and now I've shares in Shell.

Very nice, would love one. Not sure i could daily one though.

Thanks for info lads, all sounds pretty much as expected, I'm a stickler for history with a car so now I'm in better position to know what's what, all cars have problems just the size of the bills and how often, i seen my father buy a new 09 TDI focus and have nothing but problem from a month on, his first and last diesel engine car, to my mind anyway petrol engines are far more simple/reliable, i always had petrol cars and touch wood never had any major problem but maybe that's down to the baby way I mind cars, always serviced early only genuine parts, it might sound like waste money but it's stood me well so far anyway.

tossy wrote: »
    Very nice, would love one. Not sure i could daily one though.

Averaging 580km a week for the last 18 months as my daily. Unfortunately the tank is empty at 400!

Would I be right in thinking any car imported from uk from January 09 on would be taxed on co2 not cc?

Advertisement