Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short trips to US.

Options
  • 25-11-2016 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was in NYC at the start of November for a few days, then I ventured to Dallas TX solo. Great place! Anyway I met a girl while on my travels there, spent the duration of my trip with her.
    I'm flying back out in January for 10 days to meet up again, do a bit more traveling around TX.

I'm wondering just about the Boarder protection officers at the Airport when I arrive or meet them at Dublin pre clearance will they ask questions or find anything suspicious that I'm traveling back again, even though I have the return ticket for 10 days. Is it just a matter of being honest that I'm on vacation and meeting a friend to do more travel. Assuming they ask?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Always be honest with CBP. They will probably ask the purpose of your trip (leisure). If they ask if you will be meeting up with anyone (which they might) tell them you are meeting a friend to do some traveling.

I travel over and back a few times a year and thus far have never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You should be fine. If you continue the pattern, they may eventually ask more questions, so it is a good idea to bring some proof of ties to Ireland- rental contract, letter from employer stating when you are expected back etc.

Advertisement