Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i7-6700/GTX1060/120G SSD

Options
  • 25-11-2016 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

http://buymore.hk/shop/goods.php?id=14897

It's in Chinese, BUT.....it's still got the specs there in English. Does this computer for €700 look a good deal? Any problems with it, or things that would need to be upgraded?

Know there'll be some additional costs (screen, OS, etc.), but even at that it seems like a good deal. Is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not really, you'd have to pay a pretty hefty sum in customs/tax (and presumably postage), not to mention a PC being shipped from HK is liable to easily get damaged in transit - and if you've a warranty issue or its damaged on arrival, forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Sorry! Should have definitely mentioned this; I live in Hong Kong so won't have to worry about any of those fees. Those specs straight up for €700 decent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

While I haven't a clue what local prices are like over there, compared to here yes, it is a good deal.

I would absolutely at the very least upgrade the PSU to the Antec Basiq model though, the included one is dangerously low quality. Also, you'll definitely need more storage space, be it a bigger SSD or just add a 1TB hard drive - a 120GB SSD is just about enough to cover Windows and a single game at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭satguy

Don't get the GTX 1060 3 GB version ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2yl98bg5PY

Advertisement