Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Dad

• 25-11-2016 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have two kids 4 and 7. Being trying to keep them away from computer games because they are addictive but now need don't want them to be odd one out so thinking say getting one and say limiting it to thirty mins a week or whatever.

So confused as to whether to get a wii, ps4 or xbox.

I like the idea of being able to play games that involve movement e.g bowling or javeline - so the wii looks good for that.

But then also wouldn't mind a decent football game so PS4 or xbox better for that I guess.

Any advice appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hi,
    I have two kids 4 and 7. Being trying to keep them away from computer games because they are addictive but now need don't want them to be odd one out so thinking say getting one and say limiting it to thirty mins a week or whatever.

So confused as to whether to get a wii, ps4 or xbox.

I like the idea of being able to play games that involve movement e.g bowling or javeline - so the wii looks good for that.

But then also wouldn't mind a decent football game so PS4 or xbox better for that I guess.

Any advice appreciated?

Buy a secondhand Wii off Adverts.ie for dirt cheap. Maybe get a boxed one for Santa Claus on Christmas morning. You should find one no bother with a rake of games. Perhaps try to buy one with motion plus controllers. Don't mind all the naff tat of plastic add on accessories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I loved you in Mystic River.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I loved you in Mystic River.

You're forgetting his role in Howard the Duck, how he was overlooked at awards time I'll never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

snakebytefeature.jpg
    You know, for kids!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I fupping love that film!

"Plexiglass... had it installed it last week"

• Advertisement
Advertisement