Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for certain types of pasta, having no luck

Options
  • 25-11-2016 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

I've been looking for ziti,manicotti and campanelle pasta and I can't seem to find them anywhere. It's annoying cos I have recipes I'm dying to try out!
    I've tried ebay, Amazon and little italy with no luck.
    Does anyone know of anyplace I can buy them online? I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Had to google those! I would sub Penne or Maccaroni for the Ziti and Canneloni for the Manicotti (they seem to be American).
    Dunnes have a pasta in their Simply Better range that looks like campanelle, I think they are called Fiori.

You can cook all your recipes with similar pasti, the taste is in the sauces anyway :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

As previously said the 1st 2 are American-Italian style pastas. Is the rest of the recipe ingredient measurements in cups and half cups?

The nearest I've seen to the Manicotti is from the Lidl Deluxe and Italiamo brands. Larger tubes of pasta.

Campanelle is made by Barilla so should be handily got in the likes of Little Italy in Smithfield. They'll at least have an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do you have any Italian-style cafés or delis near you? They may have it or tell you where to get it.

Advertisement