Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 60inch 4k tv

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Anyone know anything about these lads???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone know anything about these lads???

Wrong forum mate, have a look at the TV and amp forum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Whether it's worth it or not depends on what you use it for. Try the Home Entertainment forum if you want to get detail replies or put the model number in Google and you'll see if it's been mentioned in other forums

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

if every TV channel was full 1080p HD i'd say go for it...but as most channels are still SD they'll look very washed out on a 60" screen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

It looks good and has HDR too

If I had the cash I would probably go for it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

philstar wrote: »
    if every TV channel was full 1080p HD i'd say go for it...but as most channels are still SD they'll look very washed out on a 60" screen

Most channels are full HD. All sky sports, eurosport, RTE, TV3, BBC, Channel 4. In fact, I challenge you to find a decent channel thats not HD!

*sky subscriber

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Fyi Currys UK note that TV as reduced from 999 to 799, the price currys Ireland is showing is likely it's first list price months ago, it was likely much cheaper over the past few months. Our laws here around display of sale reductions is pants vs the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Most channels are full HD. All sky sports, eurosport, RTE, TV3, BBC, Channel 4. In fact, I challenge you to find a decent channel thats not HD!

*sky subscriber

* i'm FTA (a peasant)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Dave..M wrote: »
    Fyi Currys UK note that TV as reduced from 999 to 799, the price currys Ireland is showing is likely it's first list price months ago, it was likely much cheaper over the past few months. Our laws here around display of sale reductions is pants vs the UK.

Yeah, i wasn't too sure on them laws myself, i saw someone post something on twitter on a price stay the same 30 days before teh sale, but i heard some story the other night on Harvey Norman's & featured on liveline on stickers & the same price was underneath it ;)

Although i did hear someone on radio today that a woman got a 4k tv from HN reduced from 1100 to 600?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

paid about the same for a 55" version a month ago which had a sat tuner too so really this price is normal.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/SAMSUNG-UE60JU6000-Smart-Ultra-LED/product/B0189I56W6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

50 euro cheaper

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202033-ue60ku6000.aspx pay in pounds
    7 pounds delivery for ROI

806 pounds delivered.

948 euro ish

Currys will charge 20 euro delivery

so 65 euro cheaper. they have a forum on here also where you can talk to them. bought my tv from them but personally I went for the one with freesat and soarview tuner in one rather than just saorview as it will mean you will need an external box.

If you get the iptv app then there may be no requirement for any set top box which is the way i have done it.

Advertisement