Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday Deals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

CramCycle wrote: »
    Have to say that none of the deals seem to be better than what would have popped up over the usual course of the month anyway. Every deal mentioned has had a lower price in a regular shop reduction over the past 3 months anyway. Like most things on "sale" on Black Friday, they are not going to be loss leaders, particularly online. They can afford to sell at these prices most of the time.

Might be some bargains in Bricks and Mortar shops to drag you in agus sin e.

100% agree. Unless someone has been tracking a price on an item, it's absolutely impossible to know if you are getting a Black Friday deal that was not available the week before or will be available in two weeks time! Personally, I would rather they left prices as they are and give 10 / 20% or whatever off everything in store or online. Then you know there is no marketing /pricing wizardry at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

clog wrote: »
    Strange one here Gabba 2 in all colours for £68stg (approx 80 euro) from Mantel.

The only thing is that it is a UK only price, if you try to get it delivered here then or go to the Mantel Ireland site then it will change to the Mantel Ireland price of 128 euro.

https://www.mantel.com/uk/castelli-gabba-2-jersey

Nice one.

Grabbed one myself on Friday night as it was 68 STG ( ~€80) as opposed to €128 on the Irish version of the site. Got it delivered to my sister in the north with my own BOI credit card and Dublin billing address. There was no issue there ... odd!

Thats crazy that price difference.

Delighted to get around that barrier to nab that bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

gatorskins are 15 euro each on halfords.ie. Reserved a set there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

slfcarro5 wrote: »

Just grabbed 2 myself to much of a bargain to pass up. 23/25 available

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Reserved a set myself.... too cheap to pass up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Feel the better after spotting that...ripped the side wall off a very newish one l had Saturday!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Thanks for that OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Missed out on the mantel gabba 2 deal :(

Anyone know of gabba 2 going for decent money online or am I better waiting till the new year sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Missed out on the mantel gabba 2 deal :(

Anyone know of gabba 2 going for decent money online or am I better waiting till the new year sales?

Sorry to hear that. Nabbed one myself with delivery to the North. Collecting it on Saturday.

I checked with Skinflint (not always reliable I have to say) and nothing doing .... Sorry

https://skinflint.co.uk/castelli-gabba-2-jersey-short-arm-black-mens-4514511-a1311676.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Any good deals on nice look pedals ???

• Advertisement

Just a heads up went to collect my reserved tyres in Halfords said they didn't have any...
    Fair play to the lad who ordered them in anyway and honoured the price.

Just a heads up went to collect my reserved tyres in Halfords said they didn't have any...

Mine are there apparently, took a call today.

dahat wrote: »
    Mine are there apparently, took a call today.

They had 25mm's but I insisted on not taking them:D...i ordered 23mm's...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I just collected four 25's in Tallaght that I'd reserved. Good deal.

A mate reckons they are a nightmare tyre compared to my usual Tufo Calibra plus but for €30 a pair they had to be bought.

Advertisement