Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the snow melted in Wicklow mountains?

Options
  • 25-11-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Last sunday i was at Djouce mountain and everything was covered in snow. I wonder has it melted or is it still nice and white? Thinking of going there this sunday too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

All gone! Well, I haven't been out since last Saturday morning in the lovely polar landscape, but I can see from my window there's no white on the summit of Seahan or Kippure. That almost always means there's no snow / ice on any other mountain in Dublin / Wicklow either

Weather forecast is very good for tomorrow and pretty decent for Sunday though, so by all means go out for a hike!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,462 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Teensy weensy little patches left here and there but nothing much. Lough Firrib is frozen solid though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I was out today around Seefingen, Seahan, Corrig and Seefin. I can confirm that the snow has gone but there are still patches of ice here and there, I slipped on a tree trunk at one stage which was quite slippery. We did the walk from near Kippure Lodge in case you are wondering.

Advertisement