Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Box

Options
  • 25-11-2016 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember those media boxes a lot of people had a few years back, pre decent broadband, where people would download tv shows and movies on to the box and play them directly on the telly?
    Was essentially a hard drive I suppose but with an interface for tv.

Does anyone know where I could get one? It's for an aged relative with awful broadband so streaming isn't an option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have a couple of them myself, still use one very regularly due to interrmittent freezing during some streaming.

You rarely see them advertised any more due to the amount of streaming now.....but I have one for sale if you'd want details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Hey, thanks for the reply. Actually got sorted, someone advised me to buy a USB drive and plug it into a media box so have ordered and am giving a go.

Hopefully it is straight forward to use as it's for a parent. If not, I might get back on to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hope it works out for you.

Advertisement