Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM

Options
  • 25-11-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't a clue if this is against the rules or not.

Have you ever been the recipient of odd videos or messages by or PM on boards or anything similar.

Someone sent me a weird video they registered to do so then deleted it very soon afterwards. I have also has a few individuals register and their only post is a reply to me on some thread. There generally on a particular them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If someone sends a dubious PM to you, you can report it for Admin attention. Look for the little triangle symbol in the top right of the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Moved to help desk, seems more suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

dudara wrote: »
    If someone sends a dubious PM to you, you can report it for Admin attention. Look for the little triangle symbol in the top right of the message.

I wouldn't report it unless they were a loon of some sort or I though they were dangerous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mariaalice wrote: »
    I wouldn't report it unless they were a loon of some sort or I though they were dangerous.

Spambots can also abuse the PM system, having an admin give it a look over wouldn't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

mariaalice wrote: »

PM conversations can appear to be very normal and reasonable but could veer into something more sinister i.e. a "grooming" type situation.

If you are EVER suspicious of a PM, please report it so an Admin can review. PMs are private so we rely on reports to be aware of any odd goings on. Thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement