Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth

Options
  • 25-11-2016 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

My littlest one is 6 months, she already has 8 teeth at the front and is now getting her molars. Anywhere I look online say that molars should appear some time between 13 months and 19 months. That would mean she is 7 months early getting these, which seems to be a quite a huge margin.

Is this something that one should be concerned about, something to get looked at? She has gotten the ok at all her checkups so far, but they were just the standard checkups.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Some kids just get teeth early . My sister was born with one. Great to get them out of the way! I think she'll just lose them early too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Lucky you. It seemed like our wee one was teething for about 12 months continuously before she had most of hers in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Well not that lucky, she's been teething non-stop, as soon as one is out the next one starts. She hasn't got a break, non-stop restless nights for a while now.

Just concerned that such a quick development of teeth might mean something is off or there is an imbalance of something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Nope, teeth come in anytime. My eldest was born with her canines erupted, and had all her teeth by 9 months i think.

She's 5 now and has lost the front 4 baby teeth, only a little bit younger than her peers.

Ask your dentist if you are unsure. i think i brought mine to the dentist when they were up enough to be brushed, to show me how to do baby teeth properly.

It's quite tricky to brush a small babies teeth properly... we have some enamel loss on some of hers at the back, so watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

They're just averages - some babies get them a lot earlier and some later. Nothing to worry about at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement