Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye vs Bellew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Some beautiful comments from Bellew in this. He is hilarious.

I still think he has an uphill battle with this though.

He really gets under Hayes skin, which I love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Unfortunately verbal ko's don't count. Haye was irritated because a lot of what Bellew said he knows to be true. Neverthless, Haye was right when he said he ends this as soon as he wants. Haye should have pressed Bellew on the Stevenson stoppage to underline how deluded Bellew is if he thinks he can withstand the power of a hard hitting heavyweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I enjoyed that. Bellew, although funny, is kind of clutching..He must know deep down that he's fcuked..Haye has utter contempt for Bellew the fighter/threat! He really ridiculed him as regards being any use! In contrast, Bellew's OTT wanting to praise Haye as a great fighter comes across as silly.

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Haye got even more wound up earlier!

https://twitter.com/FIGHT_NEWZ/status/836302538383245313

• Advertisement

Jesus, Bellew is really getting to him.

Haye will still hammer him though, but its enjoyable seeing him like this. What won't be enjoyable is his mouthing off after the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Unfortunately verbal ko's don't count. Haye was irritated because a lot of what Bellew said he knows to be true. Neverthless, Haye was right when he said he ends this as soon as he wants. Haye should have pressed Bellew on the Stevenson stoppage to underline how deluded Bellew is if he thinks he can withstand the power of a hard hitting heavyweight.

Not if he wants people to buy this fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What does the undercard look like? Really doubt I would buy this, think Haye gets him out of there in the 1st.

Just found the card - complete and utter pass, what a weak card.

Undercard

Craig Glover vs Jake Bonnalie (4 x 3 mins Cruiserweight contest)

Ted Cheeseman vs Jack Sellars (10 x 3 mins Super-Welterweight contest)

Katie Taylor vs Monica Gentili (6 x 2 mins Super-Featherweight contest)

Dave Allen vs TBC (6 x 3 mins Heavyweight contest)

Lee Selby vs Andoni Gago (10 x 3 mins Featherweight contest)

Sam Eggingotn vs Paulie Malignaggi (12 x 3 mins WBC International Welterweight Championship)

Ohara Davies vs Derry Matthews (12 x 3 mins WBC Silver Super-Lightweight Championship)

Main event: David Haye vs Tony Bellew (12 x 3 mins Heavyweight contest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What does the undercard look like? Really doubt I would buy this, think Haye gets him out of there in the 1st.

Katie Taylor fighting anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Not if he wants people to buy this fight

People, casual boxing fans, would probably still buy it anyway. I see Bellew's excuse for that loss was he didn't go for it in that fight.

• Advertisement

Ah i could spend €20 on worse things . I'm looking forward to it , more so for the spectacle than the fight .

Really this should be no more than a 1 rounder. A few scenarios that could prevent this: Bellwe runs and ducks his way through rd 1. Haye is relaxed and easy going and feels out rd 1. Or Haye and Bellew are in on something allowing the fight to develop for a while...

After all this I still went and bought it!

walshb wrote: »
    Really this should be no more than a 1 rounder. A few scenarios that could prevent this: Bellwe runs and ducks his way through rd 1. Haye is relaxed and easy going and feels out rd 1. Or Haye and Bellew are in on something allowing the fight to develop for a while...

Lets remember Haye waited until the 3rd round to KO Harrison as his friends had money on it

Lets remember Haye waited until the 3rd round to KO Harrison as his friends had money on it

Exactly.....Pro boxing is so murky at times nothing should surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

If Haye breaks his toe I fancy Bellew by TKO

ThunderCat wrote: »
    If Haye breaks his toe I fancy Bellew by TKO

He should still be able to land a nice jab even with a dodgy toe; this being more than enough to KO Tony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

HigginsJ wrote: »

Just found the card - complete and utter pass, what a weak card.

Undercard

Craig Glover vs Jake Bonnalie (4 x 3 mins Cruiserweight contest)

Ted Cheeseman vs Jack Sellars (10 x 3 mins Super-Welterweight contest)

Katie Taylor vs Monica Gentili (6 x 2 mins Super-Featherweight contest)

Dave Allen vs TBC (6 x 3 mins Heavyweight contest)

Lee Selby vs Andoni Gago (10 x 3 mins Featherweight contest)

Sam Eggingotn vs Paulie Malignaggi (12 x 3 mins WBC International Welterweight Championship)

Ohara Davies vs Derry Matthews (12 x 3 mins WBC Silver Super-Lightweight Championship)

Main event: David Haye vs Tony Bellew (12 x 3 mins Heavyweight contest)

Ted Cheeseman, now there's a name to strike fear into an opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Or Haye and Bellew are in on something allowing the fight to develop for a while...

Surely not a trilogy ???? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Rumours on twitter that Haye has an achilles injury and is on the verge of pulling out. If its true hed be probably brst advised to close down his social media accounts. He'll be crucified if theres any truth to it.

Pighead wrote: »
    Rumours on twitter that Haye has an achilles injury and is on the verge of pulling out. If its true hed be probably brst advised to close down his social media accounts. He'll be crucified if theres any truth to it.

FFS, not at all surprising....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

FFS, not at all surprising....
    I see he posted on Twitter an hour ago slagging Bellew so theres probably no truth to it. Hope not anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kbrady1990

Pighead wrote: »
    I see he posted on Twitter an hour ago slagging Bellew so theres probably no truth to it. Hope not anyway.

Hopefully there is no truth to it. But if he does pull out bellew will never let that go lol .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Haye getting the excuse sorted before he loses??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kbrady1990

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Haye getting the excuse sorted before he loses??

I just seen online he was confirmed to be fit after an injury scare . That's definitely going to be his excuse if he gets beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Bellew is decent odds in most markets.

Haye has fought tomato cans after a period of activity. He is also not very good.

I think Bellew is worth some kind of punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Oh ffs Bellew is going to win isn't he :rolleyes:

Edit: Open workouts on tonight, it might give some inclination into how Haye is feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Burial. wrote: »
    Oh ffs Bellew is going to win isn't he :rolleyes:

Edit: Open workouts on tonight, it might give some inclination into how Haye is feeling.

At those odds he has to be worth a tenner.

On points perhaps ?

ebbsy wrote: »
    Haye has fought tomato cans after a period of activity. He is also not very good.

How good does he need to be to find Bellew's chin with a heavy punch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dinorebel

ebbsy wrote: »
    Bellew is decent odds in most markets.

I think Bellew is worth some kind of punt.

That's just not true he maybe nowhere near what he was but he's still a murderous puncher who will cause problems for all but the elite of the division.

• Advertisement

dinorebel wrote: »
    That's just not true he maybe nowhere near what he was but he's still a murderous puncher who will cause problems for all but the elite of the division.

In fairness even at his best at HW what exactly did he achieve? He beat whom, exactly? Underachiever in my opinion.

Edit: Yes, a very good puncher who is capable of dropping many a HW.

Advertisement