Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printer All in 1

Options
  • 25-11-2016 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

Looking to invest in a new multifunction colour printer for a small business. We have been using a home printer but even XL cartridges, I find we are replacing ink cartridges too often.

I was looking at a HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 but if anyone has other recommendations or advise I would be very grateful.

All the Best,

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Inkjet printers are always going to be expensive to run. How much colour do you actually print ? Maybe adding a monochrome laser printer is the way to go ?

Most colour printers use all colours when printing black content. You can pick up a mono laser printer from 100 euro upwards with a page capacity of up to 3000 pages from a single toner cartridge - way more economical than inkjets.

If colour is essential then a colour laser will be be cheaper to run but more expensive to buy initially though will most likely outlast any inkjet.

This is an example of a multifunction mono printer for under 200 euro

This is a colour multifunction laser. Seems expensive but if you factor in the cost per page and the networking capabilities it may work out cheaper in the long run.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

My advice is buy a second hand HP3600 or HP3800 & a cheap scanner.
    Spurious toner can be got on Amazon and they stay going for ever.

Advertisement