Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primal Scream - Limelight Belfast 1st December

Options
  • 25-11-2016 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to this?

As a general question, tickets say gig is at 7pm. Anyone know much about this venue? Just wondering when PS would actually come on stage?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭JamieCarra

Anyone heading to this?

As a general question, tickets say gig is at 7pm. Anyone know much about this venue? Just wondering when PS would actually come on stage?

Ta
    I would guess about 8.15 - 8.30 but they'll normally announce approximate timings the morning of the gig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

There are two Limelight venues right beside each other 1 and 2. This gig is in Limelight1 the bigger venue and one of the best in Belfast. Support usually 7.15 or 7.30 and main act on early by 8.30. As mentioned they are good at posting timings on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Thanks lads.

Wanna grab some food first and coming from dublin so just checking how much time I'll have.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Times can be posted by the band/promotor/venue close to the date or on the day. I often email or ring venues. Bear in mind its often in their interest to say they will be on earlier, so you go there and pay for overpriced booze.

The box office should usually know as the venues own staff doing lighting etc will often be called in for the minimum time possible.

You can research previous gigs too, e.g. 3arena in dublin will usually start a little earlier than most as they have curfews. While voodoo lounge gigs could start at midnight as they have late licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Going to Olympia tonight. Any word who's support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Chelon wrote: »
    Going to Olympia tonight. Any word who's support?

It's a Japanese group called Bo Ningen

Could be interesting

http://boningen.info/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

bkrangle wrote: »
    It's a Japanese group called Bo Ningen

Could be interesting

http://boningen.info/

Caught their last song in Limerick last night, well worth getting in for it the rest of the set is as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

funnyname wrote: »
    Caught their last song in Limerick last night, well worth getting in for it the rest of the set is as good.

heard they were great in Limerick - missed them though ... Primal Scream excellent!

Primal Scream were fantastic, although I suspect a lot of it wasn't live, either that or they made extremely heavy use of the sequencers.

Anyone know where you could get a setlist?

Setlist should appear here soon, the previous ones seem to be the same so probably match the dublin one, or would be very close.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/primal-scream-13d6bde5.html

below is liverpools setlist (ignore the playvideo)

Movin' On Up
    Play Video
    Where the Light Gets In
    Play Video
    Jailbird
    Play Video
    Accelerator
    Play Video
    (Feeling Like a) Demon Again
    Play Video
    Shoot Speed/Kill Light
    Play Video
    (I'm Gonna) Cry Myself Blind
    Play Video
    Higher Than the Sun
    Play Video
    Trippin' on Your Love
    Play Video
    100% or Nothing
    Play Video
    Swastika Eyes
    Play Video
    Loaded
    Play Video
    Rocks
    Play Video
    Come Together
    Play Video
    Encore:
    Kill All Hippies
    Play Video
    Country Girl

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Setlist should appear here soon, the previous ones seem to be the same so probably match the dublin one, or would be very close.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/primal-scream-13d6bde5.html

below is liverpools setlist (ignore the playvideo)

Movin' On Up
    Play Video
    Where the Light Gets In
    Play Video
    Jailbird
    Play Video
    Accelerator
    Play Video
    (Feeling Like a) Demon Again
    Play Video
    Shoot Speed/Kill Light
    Play Video
    (I'm Gonna) Cry Myself Blind
    Play Video
    Higher Than the Sun
    Play Video
    Trippin' on Your Love
    Play Video
    100% or Nothing
    Play Video
    Swastika Eyes
    Play Video
    Loaded
    Play Video
    Rocks
    Play Video
    Come Together
    Play Video
    Encore:
    Kill All Hippies
    Play Video
    Country Girl

Pretty much as Limerick set but not in that order. Friend who went reckons they didn't play Movin On Up...which I find hard to believe

holly8 wrote: »
    Pretty much as Limerick set but not in that order. Friend who went reckons they didn't play Movin On Up...which I find hard to believe

no moving on up in limerick or dublin?

here's a bit of it in limerick, seems to be the first song at all recent full set gigs so maybe they missed it

Limerick - I knew I heard it, at the start ....thx

Well that was feckin deadly!

Bit short but absolutely bang on.

Although I've seen them a fair few times, I hadn't quite forgiven them for that one time ten years ago when they were fairly sh*t but all is OK now :p

Nearly missed rocks on account of my weak bladder but made it back just on time!

Great venue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well that was feckin deadly!

Bit short but absolutely bang on.

Although I've seen them a fair few times, I hadn't quite forgiven them for that one time ten years ago when they were fairly sh*t but all is OK now :p

Nearly missed rocks on account of my weak bladder but made it back just on time!

Great venue too.

Was that when they played the Picnic Whoops in 2007, they had to come on after Iggy Pop and the Stooges.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Was that when they played the Picnic Whoops in 2007, they had to come on after Iggy Pop and the Stooges.

That's the one!

Looked forward to them all weekend. Never so disappointed.

Thanks for the setlist - wanted to know what came before Cry myself blind - Shoot speed/kill light, was a highlight.

Chelon wrote: »
    Thanks for the setlist - wanted to know what came before Cry myself blind - Shoot speed/kill light, was a highlight.

as was Kill All Hippies - which I had never heard live before .. roll on Sea Sessions 2017!

Advertisement