Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pedestrian kicked my car

• 25-11-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

Ok, so just about an hour ago I was travelling along in the right lane of dual lane traffic. The left lane was stopped and my lane, the right lane was moving slowly. Anyway a pedestrian had walked through the left lane of traffic and I came to a stop with him about level with my passenger seat. He look pissed off that I had "blocked" him from walking straight through, even though there was no way I could have seen him through a car and it wasn't at a pedestrian crossing or anything. So he walks behind my car and gives the back bumper a big kick on the way and continues walking down the road. It was Friday evening traffic so I just moved off and had a look at the bumper at home. I can see on the dirt where he kicked it but I doubt he did any damage. What would you do in this situation? Just forget about it? I'm just always over cautious when it comes to this kind of thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

When you meekly drove off, your chance was gone. You should have leaped out and delivered a kick in the bolli*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    When you meekly drove off, your chance was gone. You should have leaped out and delivered a kick in the bolli*.

I felt like it but I didn't want to hold everyone up though. Friday evening traffic is bad enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Proper scumbag. You did your best to stay in the car and not get his scum on you. He could be crawling with lice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

You should expect the unexpected as they say. Slow moving traffic and you only saw him once he was level with your passenger door?
    I doubt someone would kick your bumper just because his way was blocked. Sounds like your observations need improving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Better to annoy a few motorists behind you for ten seconds, than to later feel remorse for letting a skittery little ****e kick your hard earned car at will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

Jan Laco wrote: »
    You should expect the unexpected as they say. Slow moving traffic and you only saw him once he was level with your passenger door?
    I doubt someone would kick your bumper just because his way was blocked. Sounds like your observations need improving

:rolleyes:

Sorry but that's complete nonsense. How am I supposed to see a person wearing dark clothes, through a car coming from my left on a dark evening? He was walking through traffic and just didn't like the fact that he had to walk around the back of my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Wheel brace and leather it off their head if it was me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

all your fault apparently, never saw that coming! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I doubt someone would kick your bumper just because his way was blocked.

Apart from the rest of the crap you posted about observations, you clearly don't get out of the house much if you believe this part of your post.

• Advertisement

Isambard wrote: »
    all your fault apparently, never saw that coming! :-)

Yep, I especially love that phrase "expect the unexpected", like if you're driving through Leitrim and an elephant suddenly walks out in front of you, apparently you're supposed to expect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Unlikely they did any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Unlikely they did any damage.
    Expect a claim for damage to his foot.

Expect a claim for damage to his foot.

With the claim culture in this country it's not that far fetched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

This has to be the post of the week.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork981

Agree, driver should be disqualified from driving for at least 10 years.

I'd even go as far as saying a prison sentence would be suitable.

He should have burnt out the drivers car......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nitpick

I came to a stop with him about level with my passenger seat. He look pissed off that I had "blocked" him from walking straight through, even though there was no way I could have seen him through a car

Was it not a bit chilly for driving the convertable yesterday? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I'm just always over cautious when it comes to this kind of thing.

Stay overly cautious. It's the best strategy for trivial incidents like this. Think 'dickhead' and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I actually committed a minor traffic offence the other day and voiced some opposition on boards to see how it might fare irl. It received, how you say, a chilly reception. Like, in retrospect, given my account, maybe not disproportionate; but based on the early responses, I'm pretty much readying the popcorn here.

(Also hugely anticipating the fine-toothed-combs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭whippet

I actually committed a minor traffic offence the other day and voiced some opposition on boards to see how it might fare irl. It received, how you say, a chilly reception. Like, in retrospect, given my account, maybe not disproportionate; but based on the early responses, I'm pretty much readying the popcorn here.

(Also hugely anticipating the fine-toothed-combs).

In fairness .. you broke the law .. got caught and are convinced it was all someone else's fault. This thread is about a pr1ck deciding to kick another persons car.

• Advertisement

I basically kicked common decency in the face with my appalling behaviour so I thought it was relevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

I basically kicked common decency in the face with my appalling behaviour so I thought it was relevant

Still blinded by the light I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

learn_more wrote: »
    Stay overly cautious. It's the best strategy for trivial incidents like this. Think 'dickhead' and move on.

Good advice.

1-Never get out of the car except as a last resort.
    2-Lock the doors and move off at the first opportunity.

He could produce a knife or there might be a few mates coming behind him.

When you are down on the ground in distress the rest of the cars will be following 1-2 above.

elperello wrote:
    Not being funny or anything but I've had several reasons to appreciate the automatic locking function of my very rudimentary car in Cork, and shur we're basically brethren here like biyyy

In all seriousness, no inanimate object you own is worth being harmed over, as I wanted to shout at the man who chased his new phone out of its Black Friday sale bag and in front of a car yesterday.

elperello wrote: »
    Good advice.

1-Never get out of the car except as a last resort.
    2-Lock the doors and move off at the first opportunity.

When you are down on the ground in distress the rest of the cars will be following 1-2 above.

If someone kicks my car, I kick them simple as that. No way would I not get out and go after them absolutely no chance.

2 pages in. Do we know if the car is damaged yet!

2 pages in. Do we know if the car is damaged yet!

Sorry, no damage that I can see. I wonder if it's about time that we put some rules and regulations in for pedestrians in this country. People walking between traffic and often stepping out in front of cars is getting ridiculous. Was driving in Galway again early this morning and a couple walked straight across 4 lanes at the Headford Road junction while the pedestrian light was red and traffic light was green.

Bring in pedestrian licences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

...and number plates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

He probably got a kick out of it

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If someone kicks my car, I kick them simple as that. No way would I not get out and go after them absolutely no chance.
    Don't be daft. This day in age, they could be carrying all kinds of weapon.
    Plus if you start on them, you will be up on a charge and possibly a personal injury claim, not them.
    ...and insurance!
    ...and if they are Jay walking, they should have "road tax"!

kbannon wrote: »
    Don't be daft. This day in age, they could be carrying all kinds of weapon.
    Plus if you start on them, you will be up on a charge and possibly a personal injury claim, not them.

Don't care what weapon they have as I wouldn't even stop to think I'd be out and after them without thinking and wouldn't be hanging around to give them my details for some faux personal injury claim that is refuse to give them a cent for anyway regardless.

No wonder people are walked all over nowadays when they are afraid of their shadow to stand up for themselves and their property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Threads like this always seem to attract some utter fucking idiots.

And lots of hard men who, from behind keyboards would batter three kinds of shlte out of any scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

If someone kicked your car hard enough for you to notice it, he's damaged it. There's bound to be a few shoe scuff marks on that bumper lurking under the dirt...

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Don't care what weapon they have as I wouldn't even stop to think I'd be out and after them without thinking and wouldn't be hanging around to give them my details for some faux personal injury claim that is refuse to give them a cent for anyway regardless.

Unfortunately, back in the real world, you're usually the type of lad we read about that gets stabbed through the head with a screwdriver by a teenage scrote.

• Advertisement

Skommando wrote: »
    Unfortunately, back in the real world, you're usually the type of lad we read about that gets stabbed through the head with a screwdriver by a teenage scrote.

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

:pac: :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

:pac:We used to have a saying back in the day" kick him in the gicker till he's dead"

Advertisement