Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth the price?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Toft wrote: »
    A friend of mine said the would ship this to me from Germany if I wanted.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aldi-sued.de%2Fde%2Fangebote%2Ftechnik-angebote%2Fdetailseite-kw17-technik%2Fps%2Fp%2Fmedion-multimedia-pc-medion-akoya-p5360-e-20161117%2F

So my question is is it worth the money €600 for a pc that I'll use for multimedia, torrenting/seeding, playing films, but not gaming?

or is there better or cheaper desktops to be had closer to home?

I've gotten years out of my last Medion PC (it's starting to over heat but that's all) so this will probably suit me

Thanks
    What multimedia are you doing? Everything thing else would be fine on a Intel i3, and you wouldn't need a graphics card at all. If your current computer meets your needs, it may be fine, might just need to clear out dust in the case, and in particular the heatsink which cools the CPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's geared towards gaming (or a family multi-purpose PC), so a good chunk of it would go un-used. That said it is a pretty good price overall, but if you're not gaming, you can get similar machines here, or from places like LaptopsDirect, Amazon, Ebay, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Toft
    TangoTwit

Thanks lads,

When I say multimedia I mean just watching films and listening to music, or connecting to my xbox. I got years out of my current one. It's so old its vista but I was thinking that a slightly better spec PC would be likely to last longer. But if I can fix my PC I'll put off buying a new one for a while. the GPU is melting hot, speed fan doesn't help much and I can't install the catalyst control center to adjust the settings. It's a MEDION AKOYA E3300 D (MD 8398) if anyone has any ideas.

I'll pop the case off and give it a hoover. perhaps wipe it and reinstall.

Thanks for the help, I'll report back.

Advertisement