If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv returns

Options
  • 25-11-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

hi, thinking of getting one of your sony tv's. how much is postage to kilkenny?
    i see they have 6 yrs warrantee.
    whats the story if they need repairing?
    would we have to pay postage?
    if i buy in the uk and bring back to ireland do i get the same service as if from buying straight from ireland???
    thanks
    dave

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Wow lots of questions - I'll have a bash at answering:

how much is postage to kilkenny?
    It depends on the model - most TV have a delivery charge of just £6.99 - but MOST Euro prices include delivery anywhere in Ireland - please note that we don't ship all models at the moment.

i see they have 6 yrs warrantee.
    We offer a 6 year warranty with most of our TV range

whats the story if they need repairing?
    We either fix them or replace them free of charge - please note that our 6 year warranty does not include accidental damage - if you just think of it in the same terms as a manufacturers warranty!

would we have to pay postage?
    For TV under 37" you have to get them back to us and we will return them free of charge to you - for 37" + ( which is the vast majority of TV we sell) we collect from you free of charge and return free of charge once repaired - its one of the things that really does separate us from other electronics retailers

if i buy in the uk and bring back to ireland do i get the same service as if from buying straight from ireland???
    We are a different company to Richer Sounds UK - we are an independently Irish owned Franchise of Richer Sounds PLC and very proud to be the ONLY franchise store out of the 52 others that Julian Richer owns - we have been in Ireland for almost 25 years now - we sell at exactly the same price as Richer UK so I'm not sure why you would travel to the UK to buy a TV but if you did purchase it from another Richer, yep, we would look after it for you no problem - if it was purchased from another retailer unfortunately you would have to chat to them - we only look after our own issues :D

Hope that gets to most of your q's but don't hesitate to drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

Thanks for the detailed reply.
    Reason I was asking about buying from richer in the U.K. Is im from there and I'm traveling over in the car soon.
    Anyway, great to know all that.
    Thanks
    Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the detailed reply.
    Reason I was asking about buying from richer in the U.K. Is im from there and I'm traveling over in the car soon.
    Anyway, great to know all that.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Thanks Dave,

we're much nicer than them - shop with us :D

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.