If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k tv

Options
  • 25-11-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi John & crew,
    It's looking like we're upgrading TV from a 37" 720p to something a bit bigger and sharper.
    - We'll definitely go 40"+ but are tempted to go up as far as 49".
    - When we're changing I want to get 4k.
    - Saorview compatibility is a must.
    - Smart is a must.
    - 6yr warranty is a must (it's differentiating you from local shops)
    - Satellite tuner is nice to have.
    - Curved screen is nice to have.
    I'll also want a bluray player that upscales to 4k.

Budget is £500 for TV and probably up to £100 for the player (though the half price player with the Samsung's is attractive). Sneaking preference for Samsung, mostly due to problems with buttons & remote on small LG we have (they're probably mostly grand).

Delivery to Wexford would be ideal (it worked well for the last TV and the surround sound system I got from you before) but I'll be in Howth next weekend so could drive up and collect if unavoidable.

What do you recommend? Feel fee to pm me. :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hiya Dil,

long time no hear and enjoy Howth ( I love Howth!)

I'm not normally an upseller, but this is my 3rd upselling post this morning :o but its genuinely meant in good faith!

If you are looking for circa 40+ curved and you don't want to stretch to the UE43KS7500 which is my fave curved:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202072-ue43ks7500.aspx

..then I'd highly recommend the UE43KU6500 - it does slightly bust the budget at £549 / €699 and of course that includes our 6 year warranty:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202104-ue43ku6500.aspx

it also has the UDDK85000 1/2 price 4K Bluray offer so the combined price would be just £679.95 / €849 including delivery and our 6 year TV warranty for the bundle..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist and have a great weekend..

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]ATVB,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]John Mc & Crew[/font]

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Very good thanks John. That all sounds sweet. How to order (after I've magic'd some space on the credit card of course)? Tried the phone a few times yesterday and didn't manage to get through.

PS Did you ever make that trip to Edinburgh after? :)

Love Edinburgh but it a while since I've been there and its normally something to do with running Marathons when I'm there so I try to blank it out as its always pain - not pleasure :D...

On the TV front - just drop me a direct email when you are ready to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll get it sorted for you - its complete madness ( as in like never, ever, ever before ) at the moment so it may take me a while longer to get back to you - but as you know from experience - I will get back!

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks again John. Btw thoughts on this?: http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/SAMS-UE49KU6100

In print?

:D

Its grand - but its no 43KS7500 or 43UH750... but then you do mostly get what you pay for..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Mail sent :)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Mail sent :)
    thanks Dilbert75

Hi folks,
    Sent John Mc an e-mail night before last about another TV.  Guessing you're probably snowed under but if you didn't get it please let me know here.

Ta mucho,
    Dilbert75

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,
    Sent John Mc an e-mail night before last about another TV.  Guessing you're probably snowed under but if you didn't get it please let me know here.

Ta mucho,
    Dilbert75

Hi Dilbert75.

John is out of his office today at meetings.

If you want to forward the email to myself I will see if I can help.
    Kenny@richersounds.ie

Hi folks,

Ta mucho,
    Dilbert75

Hi Dilbert75.

Kenny@richersounds.ie
    Thanks Kenny - mail sent!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,

Ta mucho,
    Dilbert75

Hi Dilbert75.

Kenny@richersounds.ie
    Thanks Kenny - mail sent!
    Thanks Dilbert75.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.