Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxing / Nights Out

• 25-11-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I was just wondering as a boxer are you able to go out on weekends with your friends if your taking it very serious , I don't sacrificing any of that just wondering if you should go out the odd time, feel like I'm missing out but I'm probably not at all. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Danye

I was just wondering as a boxer are you able to go out on weekends with your friends if your taking it very serious , I don't sacrificing any of that just wondering if you should go out the odd time, feel like I'm missing out but I'm probably not at all. Thanks

What do you mean by out? Drinking?

What's your ambitions in boxing?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Charity2020

Danye wrote: »
    What do you mean by out? Drinking?

What's your ambitions in boxing?

No problem going out.
    Depends on the state you want to come back in.
    If you are taking it serious, you need to limit the OUT bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Unless you are very talented then going out and boozing with any regularity cannot be helpful in any way, and potentially very dangerous if you are getting up and sparring the next morning.

Oh, and I meant to add that even if you are quite talented there will still be the health and safety aspect if you've been out boozing and getting up the next day to spar.

Advertisement