Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 6 | Swear [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Guffy

manster wrote: »
    Filler.

Its not filler... why do people keep calling these slow episodes filler? How can a whole season be filler?

Ep 1. Negan's kill
    Ep 2. The kingdom (new group)
    Ep 3. Daryl (humanising dwight)
    Ep 4. Alexandria
    Ep 5. The hilltop (Magie and Jesus seeds of power)
    Ep 6. Female society

Each episode has linked a new group or existing group to Alexandria with ep 3 allowing for an internal ally. Its setting up for a big finale.

Slow boring episodes but certainly not filler. they will be crucial to the story line I'm guessing, just told badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Filler.

depends what you mean by filler. Obviously the introduction of these characters will mean a fair bit down the line. Whatever about the whole debate about character arcs not crossing over in same episodes, I don't think the content of this episode is filler.
    Filler episode means the content has no meaningful relation to the overall plot and the characters involved aren't developed in anyway.
    Can't call any episode a filler episode thus far.
    Obviously there were a couple of filler scenes or part scenes but, overall, I envisage what happened and what characters we met will impact on the plot in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

A dull episode this week for sure. Tara has two good points, so it's nice to see her running, but apart from that this was an episode for insomniacs.

Is Heath dead? Does anyone care?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Okon wrote: »
    A dull episode this week for sure. Tara has two good points, so it's nice to see her running, but apart from that this was an episode for insomniacs.

Is Heath dead? Does anyone care?

I reckon they didn't kill him off in case his 24 show flops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

post I saw on another forum
    You have to work hard to make the story of a lesbian finding a women's only community in the middle of a zombie apocalypse this dull.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why has nobody called it the Island of Lesbos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh and I agree with the Heath doppelgänger being ridiculously convenient, the only fresh walker happens to resemble her buddy. Bit much. I still enjoy the show on a weekly basis, if I didn't I wouldn't watch. Why do the constant moaners still watch it if they think it's so bad? Genuinely don't get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why do the constant moaners still watch it if they think it's so bad? Genuinely don't get that.

The past seasons have been slow (but good) with two or three excellent episodes thrown in.
    So i watch each week hoping. But this season, I'm like the child sitting on the step waiting for the father who never comes... Getting my hopes up each time.... sniff..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭nc6000

I didn't actually think it was that bad. After seeing the ratings and some of the comments I was expecting it to be much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why do the constant moaners still watch it if they think it's so bad? Genuinely don't get that.

Maybe because seasons 1 - 6 were, for the most part, good. Having watched this far, most people will want to see where the show leads. But over the last two weeks, its lead to quite slow and not very entertaining episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

For a moment there, I thought she was going to become queen of the lesbians.

Did Tara's spidey sense tingle, or did I miss a clue that they were going to kill her on the way back to Alexandria?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/11/27/five-reasons-why-the-walking-deads-ratings-are-crashing-to-season-3-levels/#5ba9c6ad6041

Some good points I the article above. I am starting to contemplate quitting on the show. For me, the messing around on Glenn Death 1.0 and 2.0 pissed me off royally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Filler.

Not for me. The Kingdom struck me as, while not weak, but definitely green. No way could I buy them as being enough for Rick to do Negan.

Now an uprising is a bit more believable with the introduction of this women's community.

Another reason I don't think it was filler is because it was clear enough that this community vexed Negan to a level that we haven't seen. I mean they must have really pissed in his mouth after repeated warnings for him to execute every male above 10. So it was interesting to see what could potentially await Rick if he does decide to rebel again.

I like Tara anyway so I enjoyed the episode, and the ending was well delivered given what Cindy and Beatrice told her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Fell asleep, awoke at end credits, rewound, missed nothing.

For the parts I stayed awake for, Rick's crew are ****ed if they're going to link up with the women gang, Tara right in front of them numerous times, automatic weapons in hand, and they still couldn't hit her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Watching that episode wish I had more to do in my life on Monday's so I don't have to watch this show anymore.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Fell asleep, awoke at end credits, rewound, missed nothing.

For the parts I stayed awake for, Rick's crew are ****ed if they're going to link up with the women gang, Tara right in front of them numerous times, automatic weapons in hand, and they still couldn't hit her.

Ah ya but the script writers told them to miss to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I like Tara anyway so I enjoyed the episode, and the ending was well delivered given what Cindy and Beatrice told her.
    Cant fathom why anyone would. Not being smart but what's to like about her? There`s no depth to her character.
    She`s the token lesbian to balance out the fact there`s a gay lad on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Cant fathom why anyone would. Not being smart but what's to like about her? There`s no depth to her character.
    She`s the token lesbian to balance out the fact there`s a gay lad on the show.

I don't think she's token as she was one of the biggest casualties, mentally speaking, of the Governor. She also has one of the better dynamics in the show going with Eugene.

If there's any gay token character surely it's Aaron, who's done nothing of real note on his own.

She's an interesting character for me and far more developed than the likes of Rosita and Edith.

I guess the show can be marmite as I do like these quiet episodes such as Morgan's standalone and the dynamic between Daryl and Beth in their episodes. People usually shout about the show coming back to form when episodes occur such as Carol going commando and that's fair enough, but I always accepted from early on that the so called filler episodes where little seemingly happen were a big part of it.

That's not to say the show doesn't fail in delivering these more subdued episodes, as to me Carol is most certainly stale right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Tepid episode. The slippery slope continues with this season. Far too disjointed. Too many storylines. And badly told at that.

My missus doesn't watch the show. She happened to watch it last night.

"How have you watched this sh!t for 7 seasons?"

"No, you don't understand, it use to be good!"

But there's truth in that objective eye. The idea of a new episode rolling around on a Monday just doesn't excite anymore, which says it all.

I've begun to enter FearTWD territory in my love for the show. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

So lame, why do they have to keep falling over ? dropping guns ? why couldnt they run away back to where they came from and then pick the walkers off one by one from a high position ?

Why dont they all have a long spear style weapon so they dont have to go in close ?

Whats with the long eye contact between them as they battle the walkers.

Its just getting boring now.

• Advertisement

Shelflife wrote: »

Whats with the long eye contact between them as they battle the walkers.

Its just getting boring now.

Setting up the new romance id say

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I don't think she's token as she was one of the biggest casualties, mentally speaking, of the Governor. She also has one of the better dynamics in the show going with Eugene.

If there's any gay token character surely it's Aaron, who's done nothing of real note on his own.

She's an interesting character for me and far more developed than the likes of Rosita and Edith.

I guess the show can be marmite as I do like these quiet episodes such as Morgan's standalone and the dynamic between Daryl and Beth in their episodes. People usually shout about the show coming back to form when episodes occur such as Carol going commando and that's fair enough, but I always accepted from early on that the so called filler episodes where little seemingly happen were a big part of it.

That's not to say the show doesn't fail in delivering these more subdued episodes, as to me Carol is most certainly stale right now.

Aaron was the bridge character that connected Ricks group with Alexandria. A far more important role than Tara occasionally glancing at Rosita`s cleavage.

Carol going commando was the height of stupidity. There`s an unknown enemy out there and she decides to become a pacifist and go on a solo journey of enlightenment and now she`s living in a rural cottage on her own. None of it make`s a lick of sense.

I enjoyed the Daryl and Beth storylines. There was actually intrigue and suspense at that time with a satisfying/tragic ending. A far cry from the current meandering crap at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think it's obvious that this season is trying to show that no matter what your stance or how passive or aggressive you are, there is only one way to deal with Negan

The female community might have validated Rick's decision to bow to the will of Negan but it will ultimately highlight that there is no real quality of life while they are under his influence. Revolution is inevitable and it will only take Rick to realise this for a full on war to commence.

It may be dull viewing when taken in isolation but the psychology of what's happening and how it's being written is actually quite clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I think it's obvious that this season is trying to show that no matter what your stance or how passive or aggressive you are, there is only one way to deal with Negan

The female community might have validated Rick's decision to bow to the will of Negan but it will ultimately highlight that there is no real quality of life while they are under his influence. Revolution is inevitable and it will only take Rick to realise this for a full on war to commence.

It may be dull viewing when taken in isolation but the psychology of what's happening and how it's being written is actually quite clever.

While this may be correct, I am bored watching the walking dead, and to bore your audience in whatever medium is a flaw in your storytelling abilities, regardless of how well intentioned it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Ratings for the last episode are almost 40% lower than the premiere :eek:

skipper_G wrote: »
    Ratings for the last episode are almost 40% lower than the premiere :eek:

Not hugely surprised. There`s no mystery why.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

MarkR wrote: »
    For a moment there, I thought she was going to become queen of the lesbians.

Did Tara's spidey sense tingle, or did I miss a clue that they were going to kill her on the way back to Alexandria?

Think given what they'd said first at the dinner, she prob had a good idea they weren't going to let her go..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Aaron was the bridge character that connected Ricks group with Alexandria. A far more important role than Tara occasionally glancing at Rosita`s cleavage.

Carol going commando was the height of stupidity. There`s an unknown enemy out there and she decides to become a pacifist and go on a solo journey of enlightenment and now she`s living in a rural cottage on her own. None of it make`s a lick of sense.

I think I maybe have v low expectations of people in real life, as people doing really stupid things seems completely believable to me. Just because you're in a zombie apocalypse doesn't mean everyone will suddenly act like a marine 100% of time... I'd imagine people will remain pretty much as they were while upgrading some skills. Carol going a bit crazy and pacifist after what's happened to her and what she's done seems believable .

I think its interesting that they're spending time on the new communities, after all this is only third time they've met anyway reasonable people in sustainable groups(nursing home, and hospital) and first time that they've met all at the same time. In addition to negan, that's a second massive change to ricks group. First time there's options for them to move and live with other groups in relative safety. (Once Negans dealt with).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I enjoyed the Daryl and Beth storylines. There was actually intrigue and suspense at that time with a satisfying/tragic ending. A far cry from the current meandering crap at the moment.

Nonsense! Tara has been a much more central character than Aaron. And will continue to be. She had no significant role last season due to the pregnancy but to say she is a token lesbian is both untrue and frankly a stupid statement.

• Advertisement

Nonsense! Tara has been a much more central character than Aaron. And will continue to be. She had no significant role last season due to the pregnancy but to say she is a token lesbian is both untrue and frankly a stupid statement.

Outline her "centeral" role.

Advertisement