Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conch piercing pain relief!

Options
  • 26-11-2016 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just got it done today and it's killing me. Is there anything I can do to help ease the pain a little? I don't mind grinning and bearing but I did hear a crack as the needle went in so it didn't go completely perfect. (My fault as I did allow an apprentice to do the piercing under supervision of course).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Edups2.0 wrote:
    Just got it done today and it's killing me. Is there anything I can do to help ease the pain a little? I don't mind grinning and bearing but I did hear a crack as the needle went in so it didn't go completely perfect. (My fault as I did allow an apprentice to do the piercing under supervision of course).

Where is the conch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Where is the conch?

Google it... it's a pain to explain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Edups2.0 wrote:
    Google it... it's a pain to explain!

You thought this was a good idea? Googled it btw.

are you here to assist with pain relief or try and talk down to me for getting my ear pierced? If it's the former tips welcome, if it's the latter go away?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The 'crack' is normal. I've my conch and tragus done. Any cartilage piercings in the ear I've had I've heard a crack kinda noise. In terms of pain, first 48 hours are the worst. I'd advise a neurofen as it's a pain killer and also helps with swelling. You could try putting a cold compress on it, but TBH you probably won't have much success cos it's such an awkward spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I have had my daith pierced and that was sore for the first four or five months. I found warm compresses helped with the pain.

The Raptor wrote: »
    I have had my daith pierced and that was sore for the first four or five months. I found warm compresses helped with the pain.

Funnily the Daith didn't hurt at all, haha. I'll try the compress cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Conch piercing on both ears. Feels really warm and throbs for a good few hours, I took neurofen and slept using travel pillows so that the piercing isn't touched/ irritated. Take ages to heal but look amazing when they are!

Out of 14 piercing, my counches are one of my top fav piercings I have! My orbital is number 1 ����

My diath was very quick to heal - my rook took the longest, orbital is 4 moths old and still stings the odd time. Conches are fine unless I have a cold/flu and they flare up alongside my tragis!
    Helix is grand got one done only 2 days ago and zero pain, woke up sleeping on it this morning and was grand �� Wouldn't recommend sleeping on a new piercing though! Other helix piercings where fine too!

Conch piercings are always an epic idea! :P I love mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Conch piercing on both ears. Feels really warm and throbs for a good few hours, I took neurofen and slept using travel pillows so that the piercing isn't touched/ irritated. Take ages to heal but look amazing when they are!

Out of 14 piercing, my counches are one of my top fav piercings I have! My orbital is number 1 ����

My diath was very quick to heal - my rook took the longest, orbital is 4 moths old and still stings the odd time. Conches are fine unless I have a cold/flu and they flare up alongside my tragis!
    Helix is grand got one done only 2 days ago and zero pain, woke up sleeping on it this morning and was grand �� Wouldn't recommend sleeping on a new piercing though! Other helix piercings where fine too!

6 weeks in and I've changed the bar to a black labret and pain is barely there at all. The first day was the worst!

• Advertisement

6 weeks in and I've changed the bar to a black labret and pain is barely there at all. The first day was the worst!

Mine are perfect now! One is 6 months old the other is 1 year or so, currently just have plain bars as I'm indecisive with colour! My rook and diath have blue rings :D all my piercings hurt when I'm sick it's a curse!

Advertisement