Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory card for 7" Fire Tablet

Options
  • 26-11-2016 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Afaik, the most that can go on a Fire Tablet
    is 64GB & where can i get one reasonably priced, i saw one on argos
    but not familiar with cards for tablets, as can the same cards be used for phones?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A quick search shows it might be able to take 128GB, possibly even higher. Would depend on the model.

Cards increase in size all the time, often the makers of devices plan ahead and hope they can take larger future cards, yet to be released. So they are cautious in how they spec them, and only say 64GB even though many will later confirm online that 128GB or higher work. It can depend on the brand though. I remember years ago getting larger memory cards for nokia phones and only some brands were said to work.

The same microsd can usually be used in phones. Some sellers take advantage of people not in the know, and will advertise memory cards and list phones or devices, implying that if other sellers do not list it then it will not work in them.

You might be better posting in the relevant electronics forum here for tablets or phones, or check online.

Advertisement