Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

-PW Boards Awards 2016- Ric Flair Award for Best Rant

• 26-11-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen, we all love the business known as Professional Wrestling. Many of us have grown up with it and it's become like part of the family for us. However, families still fight and sometimes a good rant is the best way to alleviate the tension. The Ric Flair Award for Best Rant recognises the most colourful and intense blowout of the last year.

The nominees are;

Bounty Hunter Pre Survivor Series Rant

I think I would be hyped for this PPV if they had just done one simple thing - made there be something at stake in the 3 classic survivor series matches between Raw and SD.

The invasions by the male SD team on Raw and the Female Raw team on SD added to the constant rivalry talk by the GMS / commentators has gotten through but the fact that it doesn't make the slightest difference who win or loses in those matches really hampers them for me especially when it is alligned with some of the kayfabe breaking things that come about from the booking of those matches build ups (but I'll come back to that). With very little build I am probably more interested in the IC / Cruiserweight matches as there is something on the line in those matches, an important storyline narrative to follow / give a damn about. I don't think people really sit at home (no matter how much the WWE want them to) thinking aww I really hope Raw beats SD cos thats my brand and the other one is the enemy but people do care about who wins championships, who will be able to compete for them and to a lesser extent given how the shows can be booked, where they will be competed for.... you know stakes!

On paper it could actually be a great PPV given that as said the CW match and IC match almost automatically garner interest, Goldberg vs Lesnar also seems to have everyones attention after a decent build (although god damn I wish they would never repeat that fantasy warfare line... WWE sure do love to ram stuff down your throat) and that is before you have even brough in the majority of you big names from both active rosters.

Actually despite the fact that they removed him from the show (even if I have a sneaking suspicion he may attack Kalisto) the person I had felt was best booked that was taking part in one of those SS classic match ups was Baron Corbin because him not giving a damn about those matches really fit his character and from a charcter / storyline POV I don't see why too many of those involved do considering once again there is nothing but bragging rights between brands on the line.

Why would Bayley character wise get involved in an invasion attack?
    Why would the Usos be standing shoulder to shoulder all smiles with American Alpha during Bookers backstage segment?
    Whywould Sasha, Chalotte & Bayley all stand shoulder to shoulder when all the Raw SS competitors are called out on the stage to open Raw this week?
    Why would Jericho & Rollins have no issues when team Raw come out as part of Raws main event considering Jericho got pedigreed by Rollins earlier in the night?

These are just off the top of my head but really are very easily avoided terrible bits of booking. If Bayley had to be there on SD have here just that be there as afterall Charlotte was doing her whole I have a ticket shtick before Nikki Bella pulled her over the balcony. Bayley could have been reluctant to attack Nikki when the rest of the team rushed the ring and then you could have a SD heel like Carmella or Alexa attack her to drag her into the fighting.

For the on stage / backstage segments just have them in both cases (the ladies and AA/Uso's) not standing next to each other. separate them and again paly up that it is just a temporary alliance and that they still don't like each other

again these are just off the top of my heads but they are simple little changes that would help characters so much. Make there be something at stake so these people are willing to team up to win and for example potentially avoid say being drafted away to the other brand or something similar and portray the people who are feuding with each other as being reluctant team mates while also staying as their actual characters.

but meh, they have me anyway, I'm institutionalized at this stage. As much as it annoys me that the people who seem to actually live WWE, (like how you know Vince is a crazy PW workaholic) don't see things like this you just know I'll tune in. That said they aren't getting any money from me as all my viewing is done through online sources (non network) generally and the lost time I gave a penny to the company was probably when I attended a house show in Munich about 3 years ago.
    Moneymaker drops a Pipebomb on the State of WWE's booking

Rant time...

This show is just the absolute pits. Even the shortened versions on Hulu and the likes suck. Matches mean nothing, 50/50 booking, distraction finishes, the same random tag matches week after week. It was stale in 2011.

They basically admitted in that horrendous opening segment they have no idea whats going on with the draft.

Rollins and Reigns. Oh God. Oh God. House shows are on the way down, Rollins come back, he'd be white hot as a babyface. Just go with it. You can always turn the guy back. Why **** over the fans and blatantly ignore everything in front of you. Declining ratings, declining house show numbers. Two years now. It's not going to work. Let it go. Most of your roster is more over then Reigns. But we can't allow anyone get more over. They're sinking the entire damn roster pushing this guy. He's above average in the ring, he has a good "look"(which most people don't care about in 2016). He can't talk, he has abysmal charisma and he has a stigma which will never go away now.

Worst of all, they picture Seth as a heel while at the same time airing a documentary that paints him in a sympathetic light. WHATTTTTT?

AJ going heel. Right, first off the segment was well done. No problems with that. Crowd booed AJ and they'll have a great match, no doubt about it. But why turn the guy? He wrestles better then anyone they have by some distance, he can't really talk that well. The guy is a ****ing babyface. I can't imagine what the morale in the locker room must be like.

Christ. I enjoy Lucha Underground, NJPW and NXT immensely. This **** just gets me mad.
    Moneymaker loses his smile after Fastlane 2016

don't even have the energy or the interest to rant anymore. That ending just had me speechless.

They just don't have a clue. Booed out of the building. In Cleveland.

Just admit you were wrong. You stubborn old man.

Which was the best rant of 2016 18 votes

Bounty Hunter with his pre Survivor Series outburst.
    0% 0 votes
    Moneymaker with his Pipebomb on WWE's booking
    50% 9 votes
    Moneymaker loses his smile
    50% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This one closes tomorrow morning just before 10am. It's still quite tight and could change.

Gonna give this one a very last bump as we're tied at top spot. Hopefully we can crown a winner outright overnight! VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Damn it another tie!!! Right fellas it's Sudden Death time, via PM can you tell me which one deserves to win outright.

Bounty Hunter's Pre-Survivor Series Rant

or

Moneymaker's Pipebomb on WWE's Booking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Rant about this needing an extra vote

Rant about this needing an extra vote

That's gonna be next year's winner! Meta as fcuk!

• Advertisement

With just one overtime Sudden Death being the decider in this great battle, the rant of the year and Ric Flair Award goes to...

Moneymaker

Come back soon buddy, we miss ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Congrats moneymaker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

IN a category where I voted not mine I'm surprised this was so close

come back you ranting mad man Moneymaker :pac:

Advertisement