Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident on Qbridge

Options
  • 26-11-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Quincentenary bridge closed to traffic following an accident involving a pedestrian being struck by a vehicle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

"Gardai and emergency services remain at the scene of the collision but the road has now re-opened."

According to Galway Bay FM News

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

Yes, reopened now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Indo reporting WHERE THE BRIDGE IS
    "The bridge over Lough Corrib was closed off"
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/bridge-closed-after-pedestrian-knocked-down-and-hospitalised-35246745.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

don't know the full details, situation could be very different but i do see so many people daily so lazy running across 4 lane traffic....

pedestrian under pass is there for a reason.
    take the extra 3 minutes to use the under pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's an underpass?? Whereabouts? I honestly never knew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

There's an underpass?? Whereabouts? I honestly never knew.
    One on the east side of the river at the Dyke Road and one on the west side on the road that runs between Kingfisher and the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Laviski wrote: »
    don't know the full details, situation could be very different but i do see so many people daily so lazy running across 4 lane traffic....
    Ya you got this completely wrong.
    Incident occurred at junction of N59/N6 at the pedestrian crossing lights.
    It is a 50kmph road & junction.
    Gardai regularly report on twitter vehicles speeding on this stretch of City Road. RLJ is a major issue at this junction as well (on the N6 section).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

haven't seen any source yet,
    as what i said above, that is my observation of what happens daily - didn't say it was what actually happened. Surprised that incidents doesn't happen more regularly when its people vs cars.

also the speed limit is 50kph within city limits unless council expand on restrictions in certain areas - not sure why you stated the obvious here

what is also a major issue and said before is red lights. it means stop for those in motorized vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians - not keep going as whats the norm here. camera's at major routes should be installed as well as all cars should have dashcams, helps to identify fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Laviski wrote: »
    also the speed limit is 50kph within city limits unless council expand on restrictions in certain areas - not sure why you stated the obvious here
    Well because the design of the road does not lend itself to vehicles doing 50kmph and from basic observation the vast majority of usage on this road (outside of rush hour) easily exceed this.
    Incident occurred at 06h30 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Does anyone know how the injured party is doing?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
Advertisement