If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Ambilight?

Options
  • 26-11-2016 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to upgrade TV shortly - probably in January.  Am strongly considering a Philips Ambilight (have recently got into Philips Hue & this would be an extension of that).

Are you able to get 50"+ models & how much am I looking at?

After about ten years of a samsung plasma, which has thankfully had very few issues (although it's had some), is there any reason not to change brand?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...as most old-school boardies will know - I am the ultimate Philips Ambilight TV fan and it hurts that we don't have them on the wall at the moment - never mind the Ambilight feature which (once you try it, its hard to go without it!) is superb, but I love the more natural picture quality that Philips TV's generally exhibit and especially their motion processing can be excellent.

Unfortunately Philips Towers have taken a decision to withdraw from several European markets and Ireland was one of these - I have a planned meeting with some of the Philips guys to see if we can access some of their top-end TV again in the new year ( we are really only interested in their performance top-end TV) - if anything breaks, I'll keep you posted..

..but in short, if you have a Plasma at the moment - you really should look at OLED - anything else and you may regret it....

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.