Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drive with not motor insurance

• 26-11-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys,
    If I drive with not motor insurance , do I get a summon ?
    I see it is a Mandatory Court Appearance on website of RSA.
    Must I go to the court? Is it a criminal offence ?
    Which department will send the summon to me ?
    If I miss the summon, Which department I can ask to find the summon information ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did you get stopped by the police with no insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Did you get stopped or do you want to know is it worth the risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 maxkinggood

Yes, I know the risk.

Yes, Do you know next step ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Were you stopped by the police?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's still not clear what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭zindicato

next step .....stay at home or take a bus /taxi if your really want to go out

Yes, Can you ask my question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It would make things easier if you asked it yourself...

If you got stopped with no insurance you will get a summons in the post and will have to go to court.

At the least you'll get five points on your licence, or could be banned or sent to prison

• Advertisement

Yes, I know it . Thank you. Can you tell me Which department I can ask to find the summon information ,If I miss the summon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I paid 860 to insure my car. Why do you think you don't need this? If you hit me you'd drive off wouldn't you?
    Hope you get it right up the coco from the judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

0.5/10

Yes, I know it . Thank you. Can you tell me Which department I can ask to find the summon information ,If I miss the summon?

Ask the guard who stopped you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement