Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azoospermia/Undescended Testicle

Options
  • 26-11-2016 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and the world of fertility generally.

I recently found out via SA that I more than likely have azoospermia. I was aware that I had an operation as a small child but following my SA results, I decided to ask my family about it. Turns out I had an undescended testicle which was operated on sometime between the age of 3 and 5. I am due to have another SA next week but not holding out much hope.

Needless to say, I am utterly bereft but also devastated for my wife. I am however trying to stay hopeful that something will still be possible via IVF/ICSI. With this in mind, we are both undergoing some further tests next week.

What I am really trying to find out is if anyone has had success in locating sperm via TESE/biopsy when previously diagnosed with azoospermia due to an undescended testicle?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Liamlintown

Hi, I know this is an old thread but if your still interested I was/am in a similar situation. We managed to get a son (now 5 years old) after a tese and 4 rounds of icse. I know it's a very hard time and still is as we would love more kids but can't ( money etc.). I know how hard it is, a lot of hidden guilt on my part!!! ( typical man can't talk about feelings).

Advertisement