Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 Honda Insight Hybrid

• 26-11-2016 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I've just bought a 2011 Honda insight that's a Japanese import. All of the systems are currently in Japanese and I can't seem to change it to English. I under stand from doing a bit of googling that I may not be able to change the cars internal software to English but has anyone been able to replace the computer systems that contains the reverse camera, Sat nav etc.... I'm aware that I could buy any Android device to install but I don't want to loose the feature of the eco screen on it.... has anyone else ever encountered these issues?

If I can drive up north and pay for a Honda dealer to update the system I'm willing!?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

It's unlikely it can be done in software. Maybe you could buy the necessary units from a crashed one and get them fitted. I can't see it being cheap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi,
    I've just bought a 2011 Honda insight that's a Japanese import. All of the systems are currently in Japanese and I can't seem to change it to English. I under stand from doing a bit of googling that I may not be able to change the cars internal software to English but has anyone been able to replace the computer systems that contains the reverse camera, Sat nav etc.... I'm aware that I could buy any Android device to install but I don't want to loose the feature of the eco screen on it.... has anyone else ever encountered these issues?

If I can drive up north and pay for a Honda dealer to update the system I'm willing!?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Have one,had to get rid of Jap radio etc,and as for eBay insight replacement audio,sat nav etc,it's a minefield, might buy one that's not compatible, different ref numbers etc,, look up insight central,good Honda insight forum,great free advice etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Malteserxxx

Have one,had to get rid of Jap radio etc,and as for eBay insight replacement audio,sat nav etc,it's a minefield, might buy one that's not compatible, different ref numbers etc,, look up insight central,good Honda insight forum,great free advice etc

Thanks for advice, what did you replace it with? Was it difficult to pop the original out of the dash? If possible I would like to replace it with a device that can read the eco stuff or is that just an app you can download?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thanks for advice, what did you replace it with? Was it difficult to pop the original out of the dash? If possible I would like to replace it with a device that can read the eco stuff or is that just an app you can download?

Thanks again!
    Cheap JVC unit,,garage done it,but it's a piece of piss to do it. , ref service make sure CVT oil is changed vital,p.m. me if u need advice, I'll ring u

Advertisement