Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Sunderland 3pm not on IRE/UK TV

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That Swansea game sounds like a crazy game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

2 clean sheets in a row. Oh and the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Karius MotM for me

Good to win after the poor first half display, looked a class apart second half

Another day with better decisions made thats 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I felt we were very well organised and for the most part restricted Liverpool from any clear cut chances, as well creating a couple of good opportunities ourselves, but Moyes waited too long to make the changes when certain players were clearly out on their feet which killed us. His substitutions (or lack of) have been a large factor in costing us numerous times this season.

Disappointing, as despite Liverpool's dominance of possession I really felt there was a point there for us.

Pienaar is a waste of space and how he is keeping our most creative player in Khazri on the bench, especially when we struggle to create, is just beyond belief.

Leicester (H) and Swansea (A) next up for us. Huge games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Yes get in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Paully D wrote: »
    I felt we were very well organised and for the most part restricted Liverpool from any clear cut chances, as well creating a couple of good opportunities ourselves, but Moyes waited too long to make the changes when certain players were clearly out on their feet which killed us. His substitutions (or lack of) have been a large factor in costing us numerous times this season.

Disappointing, as despite Liverpool's dominance of possession I really felt there was a point there for us.

Pienaar is a waste of space and how he is keeping our most creative player in Khazri on the bench, especially when we struggle to create, is just beyond belief.

Leicester (H) and Swansea (A) next up for us. Huge games.

What is Moyes' problem with Khazri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

doc_17 wrote: »
    Origi is such a limited player.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,592 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Important 3 pts considering the way game went. We had to fight for it against a side playing deep. It's great to see us break through these type of teams.

Sunderland very organised today. I think they'll be ok.

Enjoy those wins as much as a 5 nil. Kept plugging away and eventually got the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Paul Joyce : Liverpool don't think Coutinho suffered fracture.

Hope it's a short term injury. Absolutely class player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What is Moyes' problem with Khazri?

I would love to know, but there's definitely something going on there, of that there can be no doubt.

I think it must have been something during pre-season because Moyes started saying he came back a bit later than everyone else (which is factually incorrect) and there was stuff being fed to the media about him being overweight too (which when you look at the pictures appears to be false).

Moyes said the below:
    “My biggest concern, and I know exactly what kind of player he is, (is) when he plays he needs to keep the ball,” said Moyes regarding Khazri earlier in the season. “He might not run as far as some but he needs to keep the ball better and that is something I have not yet seen. Simple.”

There seems to be more in it though as his comments about him not running as much are rubbish IMO, his workrate is very good. He is cutting his nose off to spite his face and Khazri in that side would make a big difference IMO.

I thought this was a good read:

http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/how-david-moyes-is-harming-sunderland-and-wahbi-khazri

eigrod wrote: »
    Paul Joyce : Liverpool don't think Coutinho suffered fracture.

Hope it's a short term injury. Absolutely class player.

Hopefully that's correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,988 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I thought the amount of praise for Pickford this game was mad, he was fine but didn't do anything special and should've been better for the goal imo. Any time the ball got near him the commentators were gushing. Is it like that ever week? His kicks are something else though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rwbug wrote: »

That's the only thing the guy did wrong in the whole game. He was very good when called upon.

Advertisement