Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi compensation for personal injury

Options
  • 26-11-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

Have an application in with Susi. My mother has received compensation for a personal injury and my father is currently her career. Susi asked me to explain why household were not receiving and income so obtained a solicitors letter to verify that my parents were living off this compensation as neither are in a position to work.

Susi have now asked me to verify the amount that was received for this compensation. Their website and the legislation clearly state that compensation for personal injury is exempt from reakonable income, therefore why should it matter to them what the amount received was.

I don't think that they have the legitimacy to ask me this!?? If there is no threshold and it is clearly exempt, what business do they have asking?

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar query or any relevant information that could help me as they have stopped my maintenance payment and have caused me huge stress!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'd imagine they are asking to ensure its a sufficient amount to be living off, Incase it's not, and theyll seek self supporting income if required

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clo14

antodeco wrote: »
    I'd imagine they are asking to ensure its a sufficient amount to be living off, Incase it's not, and theyll seek self supporting income if required

I do have self supporting income though which they are aware of, it's obviously under the threshold as I have been awarded before! The compensation that was awarded to my mother is to pay for her ongoing care and as she cannot work again.

My argument here is that they shouldn't be asking to disclose the amount as the website and legislation clearly states it is exempt, therefore why would it warrant verification?, if it hold no bearing on my application, why are they insisting it being disclosed!

Advertisement