Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician needed

• 26-11-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭

Looking for an electrician who could fix faulty timer switch on the immersion heater.
    When timer turns on electricity in half of the apartment goes off :(
    No hot water for two days now :(
    Please PM If you could recommend anyone who could show up tonight.

Comments

qwas75 wrote: »
    Looking for an electrician who could fix faulty timer switch on the immersion heater.
    When timer turns on electricity in half of the apartment goes off :(
    No hot water for two days now :(
    Please PM If you could recommend anyone who could show up tonight.

Sounds like your immersion element is gone. Does it trip out a breaker when you switch the timer on? Its a plumber you need more so than a sparks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭qwas75

Sounds like your immersion element is gone. Does it trip out a breaker when you switch the timer on? Its a plumber you need more so than a sparks.

Yes, when timer goes on one of the breakers on main switch board goes off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Can you switch immersion to sink setting?
    That would get you by for a day or two.

Yes, when timer goes on one of the breakers on main switch board goes off

Your element is gone so. It happens. Its a plumber you're after. Some electricians will do it for you but I'd be chasing a plumber (I'm an electrician btw) for the job. You'll be doing well to get one out tonight.

Can you switch immersion to sink setting?
    That would get you by for a day or two.

If you have the option, do this. Takes a while longer to heat the water but it will keep you going for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Amazing news! Just yesterday had a plumber to change the bathtub, asked him about that switch and he was like "Yeah, yeah... Electrician needed here"

Thank you for advice guys!!!
    Just tried to switch to the sink setting and it worked, as soon as I switched to bath setting - boom, electricity went off. So it's definitely a heating element and I need a plumber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Thank you for advice guys!!!
    Just tried to switch to the sink setting and it worked, as soon as I switched to bath setting - boom, electricity went off. So it's definitely a heating element and I need a plumber.

Yeah a lot of sparks won't touch them because it's so easy to damage the cylinder when removing the element.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Yeah a lot of sparks won't touch them because it's so easy to damage the cylinder when removing the element.

Copper cylinders are very easy to split, especially if they're old. Not worth the hassle. I've even got plumber to do one in my mothers house. I'll take the risk of burning the house down but not flooding it :pac:

Advertisement