Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v West Ham 27/11/16 k/o 16.30 Not on UK TV.

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Neither of those things are really true. Randolph made some good saves but they were standard enough stops. The pen was never a pen. United have had 10 of those shouts turned down this season. You hit it hard and low and hit a hand one metre away, they're never given.

Awful game quality wise, hopefully the cup game is better.
    Decided to hold off commenting til I actually saw the highlights, but Randolph made two fantastic saves (end of the first half and the one that led to the disallowed goal) and several very good saves. And he ended up MOTM.
    And it was a stonewall penalty. It was identical to Monreal's hand ball in the Arsenal game. It doesn't matter how far away you are when your arms are outstretched like Rojo's were. And I'm sure you can point out the 10 (seems a very high number) shouts Man U have had turned down this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    After all the money Utd have spent, please stop playing Jesse Lingard Jose. Seems like a nice lad and gives 100%, but he is nowhere near good enough to be playing for club of Utd's stature and worst of all he kept a player like Mickey T out today. Just don't get Jose's team selections at times.

Mickey T? Who's that? Can't keep up with all these pet names for players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Jaysus, Mourinho really has become a parody of himself, throwing strops, randomly attacking officials, the opposition, or his own players. With the player he has, if he doesn't finish in the top 4, then he's surely gone.

• Jaysus, Mourinho really has become a parody of himself, throwing strops, randomly attacking officials, the opposition, or his own players. With the player he has, if he doesn't finish in the top 4, then he's surely gone.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

FA must be fed up of Mourinho at this stage, the fines and 1 game bans aren't having any effect, I can see a big stadium ban this time.

The problem for United is the longer this "unlucky streak" lasts the worse Mourinho is going to get, he does not deal well with not winning.

Considering the money spent surely United demanded the minimum of a Top 4 finish, his predecessors were sacked for not meeting that target.

They have a serious fight on their hands finishing in the Top 4, right now you wouldn't bet against Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Arsenal finishing there. United just aren't in the equation at the moment, that can change in a matter of weeks but they are falling behind the pack week after week currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Everton away and Spurs next too after a Europa Thursday. It could get worse before it gets better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

rob316 wrote: »
    FA must be fed up of Mourinho at this stage, the fines and 1 game bans aren't having any effect, I can see a big stadium ban this time.

For kicking a water bottle? Give over. It was a massive overreaction by the officials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

rob316 wrote: »

The problem for United is the longer this "unlucky streak" lasts the worse Mourinho is going to get, he does not deal well with not winning.

Considering the money spent surely United demanded the minimum of a Top 4 finish, his predecessors were sacked for not meeting that target.

They have a serious fight on their hands finishing in the Top 4, right now you wouldn't bet against Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Arsenal finishing there. United just aren't in the equation at the moment, that can change in a matter of weeks but they are falling behind the pack week after week currently.

The results aren't going our way but you can definitely see the difference. A bit like Klopp's first season at Liverpool.
    I think he overestimated the ability of his players and probably banked on turning Rooney's trajectory around.

This season is more or less a write off for me already and I'm fine with that. I'm guessing he already knows who is on their way out over the next 2 windows and what kind of replacements he needs.
    A title challenge next season will be the expectation and just roll with it for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kirby wrote: »
    For kicking a water bottle? Give over. It was a massive overreaction by the officials.

I think Wenger got sent off at Old Trafford for doing the very same thing, you do run the risk of getting sent to the stands, although I would say that Jon Moss just doesnt like Mourniho but the sending off was probably down to whoever the 4th official was yesterday and not Jon Moss, who is IMO, the worst ref in the league.

Still, Jose should know better at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

as a Liverpool fan I really thought following Ferguson would be next to impossible. thought you'd get a few fall guys and then the real deal would take over. thought it was going to be Mourinho (it still might be) but for the moment he's just the gift that keeps on giving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think Wenger got sent off at Old Trafford for doing the very same thing, you do run the risk of getting sent to the stands, although I would say that Jon Moss just doesnt like Mourniho but the sending off was probably down to whoever the 4th official was yesterday and not Jon Moss, who is IMO, the worst ref in the league.

Still, Jose should know better at this stage.

He did. He also got an apology after the game from the officials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The issue is Jose has previous for touchline antics, maybe the officials are coming down hard because of that. Its probably not fair but hes not going to help himself.

He wont turn that part of him around, hes a passionate guy who loves the game and winning but he does have to thread carefully, especially if the officials are keeping a closer than usual eye on him.

It'll probably be in the officials report anyway if he said something before or after kicking the bottle and I'd expect a 2 game touch line ban and fine for Jose on the back of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The results aren't going our way but you can definitely see the difference. A bit like Klopp's first season at Liverpool.
    I think he overestimated the ability of his players and probably banked on turning Rooney's trajectory around.

This season is more or less a write off for me already and I'm fine with that. I'm guessing he already knows who is on their way out over the next 2 windows and what kind of replacements he needs.
    A title challenge next season will be the expectation and just roll with it for now.
    Not really that similar. Man Utd are playing better than last season & have been unlucky at times although team selection has been poor.

But Klopp did not spend 150m in the summer he made money in the summer & has improved players since taking over & changed positions.
    Henderson is now a DM,Lallana a CM & Milner a LB. Firmino is now playing as a CF too. That is 4 changes to players who were already at the club before Klopp arrived. Last season we had some outstanding results showing clear progress. Man City 4-1 & Chelsea 2-1 away within the first 2 months in charge & a great European run.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Didn't Steve Staunton get sent off and a touchline ban for kicking a water bottle in his first game as Ireland manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

More for the debacle that followed (where to go) than for being sent off.

I still want Wengers statue to be this

arsene_wenger_1471961c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Jaysus, Mourinho really has become a parody of himself, throwing strops, randomly attacking officials, the opposition, or his own players. With the player he has, if he doesn't finish in the top 4, then he's surely gone.

You're a parody of yourself ;)

Advertisement