If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 4k TV

Options
  • 26-11-2016 9:29pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

My 50" Samsung plasma is on it's last legs, getting odd pixel flashing around moving objects..

Anyway, it's due an upgrade and I am in the market for something to replace it.
    I am thinking of a 4k tv, and the following one caught my eye

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue50ku6000/sams-ue50ku6000

This does not appear on the .ie site for some reason, just the 49" version.

What's the thoughts on this TV, or could my money be better spent elsewhere?
    Would be willing to stretch the budget a bit if it made sense.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hiya Milk,

Another stranger returns! 

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - the 50KU6000 is really in short supply hence we have taken it down completely - how about upgrading to the 55KU6020:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202300-ue55ku6020.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John mc & crew

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey John,

Yep, back for more!

Thanks for the recommendation but due to the location of the TV I'm limited to 50" pretty much.
    The 55 is just a tad too big.

Any other suggestions?
    Also is the new quantum dot tech worth the extra cash?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Hey John,

Yep, back for more!

Thanks for the recommendation but due to the location of the TV I'm limited to 50" pretty much.

Any other suggestions?
    Hey Mik_da_man.

There are very 50" screen at the minute. Would a 49" suit?

The Quantum dot does make a difference and really does give great colours and excellent image. We run the 7000 series beside the OLED from LG and while not just as good the Quantim dot does a super job.

The 49KS7000 is currenlty priced at £799.00. This is however now an instore only collection.

There is also the Panasonic 50DX750 priced at £799 also but again is an instore only collection.

Id there anything that you have seen that may suit your needs?

Hey John,

Yep, back for more!

Any other suggestions?
    Hey Mik_da_man.

The Quantum dot does make a difference and really does give great colours and excellent image. We run the 7000 series beside the OLED from LG and while not just as good the Quantim dot does a super job.

The 49KS7000 is currenlty priced at £799.00. This is however now an instore only collection.

There is also the Panasonic 50DX750 priced at £799 also but again is an instore only collection.

Hey Kenny,

My current TV has come back from the dead so no major panic on this now!
    49" should be fine for me - I'll do a bit more research on them and let you know.
    Hopefully my current TV will hold out till the new year and grab a new one then.

Budget is 1k Euro(ish) at the moment.

Basically I'm looking for as good quality picture quality as possible.
    Sound is not important as I have a surround sound setup
    I watch a good bit of sports and some gaming
    would like the full 4k for future proofing  - is the Sammy a 10 bit panel?

Thanks

Mik

Hey John,

Yep, back for more!

Any other suggestions?
    Hey Mik_da_man.

Hey Kenny,

My current TV has come back from the dead so no major panic on this now!
    49" should be fine for me - I'll do a bit more research on them and let you know.
    Hopefully my current TV will hold out till the new year and grab a new one then.

Budget is 1k Euro(ish) at the moment.

Basically I'm looking for as good quality picture quality as possible.
    Sound is not important as I have a surround sound setup
    I watch a good bit of sports and some gaming
    would like the full 4k for future proofing  - is the Sammy a 10 bit panel?

Thanks

Mik
    Hey Mik.

Happy days on the old screen springing back to life.

The 49KS7000 really is the one to be looking at for the 1K euro budget.
    The Quantum Dot Technology is very very good indeed!

I believe the Samsung is 10bit but I can double check this with Samsung tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny - it does seem to be 10 bit from some research I did.
    But a confirmation would be nice!

Do you have any in stock that you could check something for me?
    The distance between the feet, the fact they are on the edge may be an issue as the unit it's going on is narrower than my current tv...

Thanks Kenny - it does seem to be 10 bit from some research I did.
    But a confirmation would be nice!

Do you have any in stock that you could check something for me?
    The distance between the feet, the fact they are on the edge may be an issue as the unit it's going on is narrower than my current tv...
    Hey Mik_Da_Man.

Called Samsung and they say that the KS7000's are 10bit panels.

I currently don't have one on display to measure the distance between the feet.

There is more stock available from our warehouse.

I'll see if i can find out the distance of the feet and revert back.

Cheers Kenny, would appreciate that

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.