Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi connectivity issues...

Options
  • 26-11-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Purchased a new Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop recently. All was working great, felt like good value for €409. Then randomly on Thursday night, it disconnected from my Virgin Media WiFi. Whats happening since is that when I click on the WiFi to connect, it requests the password. Once entered, it says it is incorrect. It is 100% definitely correct as I've tried it again on all my other devices to confirm. When I try connect to it using the 'S/N' number instead of a password, it tries connecting and eventually gives us and says something like 'Unable to connect to this network'.

Other than doing that a million times, I've done the following:

- Tried disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times
    - Restarted
    - Full laptop reset
    - Trawled the internet and tried a bunch of other suggestions I can't remember that I don't even know how to describe :P

No joy :/ The laptop is working fine when connected by Ethernet cable. Worked fine when using my phone as a hotspot. Worked fine in my parents house connected to their WiFi. Our phones and tablets are all connecting to our home broadband just fine too, so it solely seems to be my laptop.

Called Virgin Media who were beyond useless (shock). They reset the router from their end, but again, no luck. Out of ideas at this stage. Anyone any suggestions? I guess I'm a little computer illiterate so apologies if any of the above sounds stoopid!

Just solely seems to be my laptop to home router issue...

Anybody any suggestions at all? Starting to lose my sanity at this rate!

Cheers!

Advertisement