Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Hyundai warranty in Eire

• 26-11-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I was looking at buying a 1yr old Hyundai Tucson from a dealer and have realised that it is a UK import. They have said it comes with the remainder of the 5 yr warranty. I Am confused as it there is a problem within the 5 years would a Hyundai dealer in the South stand over the warranty or would you have to go to an NI Hyundai dealer? Anyone done this /or had to use their warranty? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

They are through different distributors so it is not automatically applicable.

The Irish dealer will have to look for prior work approval from Hyundai Ireland and there's a bit of red tape around it. It'd be unusual for them to turn it down, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We got stuff on warranty no bother on ours. Not much extra waiting around that we could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

How has this worked out as I have just bought a 2 and half year old Tucson

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

I had no problems with the warranty in the south. I have had to use it a few times, just go to a hyundai dealer. One dealer did give me a lecture about buying UK Imports. So I go to another dealer now and they are good to deal with.

cb7 wrote: »
    I had no problems with the warranty in the south. I have had to use it a few times, just go to a hyundai dealer. One dealer did give me a lecture about buying UK Imports. So I go to another dealer now and they are good to deal with.

Do you mind me asking what part of the country you are in. Also it is due a service in 4500 miles I presume I have to go to the main dealer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

I always go to the main dealer for a service. I am monaghan/louth area.

cb7 wrote: »
    I always go to the main dealer for a service. I am monaghan/louth area.

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think to keep the Hyundai warranty valid you need to have the car inspected by a main dealer once a year.

Advertisement