Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Pb half marathon

Options
  • 27-11-2016 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi guys n girls... looking for a good hm course for a pb next Spring. Something around April or even May.

Been looking at one in Longford but it's a four loop run along the canal. That could be a head wrecker.

Something close to Galway/Limerick would suit better.

I know the Great Limerick Run is on end of April but I've done the full there last two yrs and was looking for something different.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

If you're willing to travel you've got this beauty in the hills of Valencia/Castellon. Downhill, so it is cheating a bit ;)
    http://www.maratonviasverdes.com/es/navajas/info-tecnica#perfil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

If you could manage one in March, the Mullingar Half is normally on St Patrick's Day and is as flat as you'll get in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Itziger wrote: »
    If you're willing to travel you've got this beauty in the hills of Valencia/Castellon. Downhill, so it is cheating a bit ;)
    http://www.maratonviasverdes.com/es/navajas/info-tecnica#perfil

When I saw Valencia I thought island lol.. Bit too far for me but I'd say all that downhill is not as easy as you'd expect..

tang1 wrote: »
    If you could manage one in March, the Mullingar Half is normally on St Patrick's Day and is as flat as you'll get in the country.

Will definitely check this one out...bit earlier than I was thinking but could jump into the plan a bit late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

kookiebrew wrote: »
    When I saw Valencia I thought island lol.. Bit too far for me but I'd say all that downhill is not as easy as you'd expect..

Yeah, I don't think I'd fancy the Full but the Half is a smashing run. It's one of a series of races on what they call Vias Verdes, that were old railway lines and have been converted to paths. The downhill was almost all smooth, not hard on the legs at all. My flat half pb is 1.22.0x but that day I ran 1.19.2x.

And it's around Easter hols!

• Advertisement

Itziger wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think I'd fancy the Full but the Half is a smashing run. It's one of a series of races on what they call Vias Verdes, that were old railway lines and have been converted to paths. The downhill was almost all smooth, not hard on the legs at all. My flat half pb is 1.22.0x but that day I ran 1.19.2x.

And it's around Easter hols!

Might be one of those to stick on the bucket list for when I win the lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

My 2 best HMs were Wexford, worth a shot

webpal wrote: »
    My 2 best HMs were Wexford, worth a shot

Just checked this out, looks a great course for a pb. Thanks for that, have a few choices now to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

kookiebrew wrote: »
    Just checked this out, looks a great course for a pb. Thanks for that, have a few choices now to think about.

Just remember wexford town half is tough enough course. You have hill for the first half, downhill for a bit of the second half but more than likely a wind against you on the final 3 miles.

I am from down there, train alot on that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

Berlin half at the very start of April. Nice flat course, cheap flights and accommodation.
    Well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Wottle wrote: »
    Berlin half at the very start of April. Nice flat course, cheap flights and accommodation.
    Well worth it.

Sold out already- 30,000 registered!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

the hague march 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

tang1 wrote: »

Planning on this one myself

Advertisement